(Ch: 16) Night Terrors

'Run, run, run...' the deep voice whispered. It seemed to be coming from all around me.

I was running through the hallway as fast as my legs could take me. Panting and gasping for breath like my lungs were made of stone.

 Panting and gasping for breath like my lungs were made of stone

'Run, Cory.' It snarled in my ears.

I cried out in tears as I looked behind me to see if they were still chasing me... they were

All three of them. 

With sick grins plastered across their faces. 

Getting closer and closer no matter how hard I tried to escape. 

The hallway was never-ending. It seemed to be getting longer and longer. 

"HELP ME!" I shrieked. Crying and screaming.

Can no one hear me?

"No one's gonna help you, Cory. Not this time" John snarled.

I heard laughter all around me. My legs were on fire. I wanted to give up and just fall to the stone cold ground and let death wash over me. 

Suddenly someone tackled me to the ground and I fell, kicking and screaming all the way.

"Now, now, Drake, I get the first turn." John smirked. "NO! Get off of me!" I cried. I was pinned to the floor by Cain as the other two closed in on me.

"Harry! Help me!" I screamed but no one came.

Harry Styles' P.O.V:

I woke up to find Cora whimpering in her sleep. 

I checked the time, it was 02:30 AM. I turned my body towards her and caressed her cheek. "Shhh, sh, Cora. It's okay, I'm here." I whispered. 

She was drenched in cold sweat, her hair matted to her forehead. 

For a moment she calmed down and I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep again when she suddenly bolted up in bed and started screaming her ass off.

I sat up, alarmed, and tried to get my arms around her, in an effort to calm her down but she started thrashing her limbs around, trying to get me off of her.

"No! Get off me! Please, please!" she begged between her screams. A sudden jab of sorrow and worry pierced my heart.

She's been fucking traumatized.

Louis, Zayn, Liam and Niall all burst through the doors, bats and guns and knives in hands, ready to eliminate whatever the threat was.

They let their guard down once they turned on the lights and saw no one there.

Cora's screams eventually died down and she looked around, confused.