Chapter 50: You are My Wife

"but"

"No but" before the words were spoken, he strongly rejected.

Lin Xi thought he was angry, so she didn't speak

After a long while,

She heard Lu Beichen say "I'm sorry."

Lin Xi thought he was sorry because of the conversation just now, and replied "Ah, it's nothing."

Lu Beichen said, "If it wasn't for my negligence, you wouldn't have suffered that much yesterday. Don't worry, I won't let others hurt you again."

Lin Xi was stunned for awhile, only to realize that what he was talking about was what happened last night, she quickly said, "This has nothing to do with you, it's because I am not careful enough."

"No, it's my fault, I didn't protect you well."

"It's okay, I really don't need your protection."

"No, you are my wife, I should protect you."

Lin Xi was taken aback

You are my wife...

Yes, she was his wife,

Hearing his love and affectionate words and the care he shows in his eyes, although it was not an earth-shattering word like 'I love you', but the 'you are my wife, I should protect you' made her feel very moved.

In fact, what a woman wants the most was not how many times he said 'I love you' to you, nor how many surprises he prepares for you,

What women want is just a positive sentences that shows how he cared for you, a sentence like 'you are my wife' simple yet sincere.

He who always appeared to rescue you at your most dangerous moment, help you, a person who make you happy, contented and safe.

The two people looked at each other affectionately, there seems to be some love strings that connected to each other. Lin Xi's face was slightly red, and Lu Beichen's ears also turned red.

Lu Beichen thought that it was a great opportunity to make a move and taste some sweet meat,

However... at this moment

"Lin Xi...."

Yang Yichen's loud voice resounded outside the hospital door.

Yang Yichen just heard the news of Lin Xi's accident, she hurriedly come over without even going to the blind date her Aunty arranged for her. Unexpectedly, she was stopped by the bodyguard at the door when she arrived. "What are you doing, let me in."

Lu Beichen knew that Yang Yichen was Lin Xi's good friend. Although he was unhappy with her by disturbing his chance to taste Lin Xi's sweet lips, he still gestured with his scarlet eyes to the bodyguards guarding at the door to let her in.

As soon as Yang Yichen came in, she hurriedly run toward Lin Xi with her worried eyes and wanted to pounce on Lin Xi on the hospital bed, but was stopped by Lu Beichen.

Yang Yichen was about to explode, but as soon as she looked up and saw Lu Beichen's grim face, she immediately wilted,

My my... too terrifying.

Noticing Lin Xi's flushed face which turned like a tomato.
'Don't tell me... Ahh so awful, the two of them wouldn't have been... right? You know the tut tut~'

Oh, no wonder Master Lu's face was so bad.

'I actually disturbed his good intention towards Lin Xi'

However, it was too late to leave now, so she could only bite the bullet and whisper softly to Lin Xi, "Lin Xi, are you okay?"

"It's okay, I'm alright" Lin Xi said happily, already used to Yang Yichen's bluffing character.

At this time, Lu Beichen's phone rang, and he went out to answer a call.

When Yang Yichen saw that Lu Beichen left, she patted her chest fiercely and her voice became louder. She came to the hospital bed and said to Lin Xi, "Lin Xi, you don't know, you scared me to death, this witch Ye Xiaomeng, the next time I meet her, I must help you clean her up."

Lin Xi also found it funny looking at Yang Yichen who acted differently after Lu Beichen left. It seems that Yang Yichen, who's not afraid of heaven and earth, was afraid of Lu Beichen.

"It's okay, Lu Beichen locked them up at Lu's underground prison, I will deal with them after I left the hospital."

"Well, let me see where were you injured." Yang Yichen looked at her worriedly.