𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 /Hinata Shoyo/

WARNINGS: mentions of death, mentions of neglect, Hinata being an ass in the past

PAIRING: S. Hinata x fem!Reader - their daughter Hinata Akari

WORD COUNT: 1.39k

REQUESTED: yes

AU: Father Hinata

a/n: it's like 3 am and I got motivation so I said 'screw you sickness' and hopped on writing so I guess I'm just gonna write even though I'm sick cuz I'm taking too long to get healthy
________________________

'Dear (Name),

I'm sorry. I didn't get the chance to apologize to you and our daughter. I didn't get to apologize for leaving you both behind when you needed me the most. I didn't get to apologize for choosing my carrier over something so precious to me. I could have spent my time on you, loving you, and helping you, instead of going all over the world as a pro volleyball player.

I should have been there when Akari was born. I should have been there when Akari had her first footsteps. Her first words were probably 'mama', right? I wish I was there and joking around with you whose name she will say first.

I should have been there when you were struggling to work 3 jobs to survive in this cruel world and give Akari the best you could. She's a really sweet and well-raised kid. You did a good job, thank you so much. Thank you so much for keeping that angel and not giving up. Thank you so much for fighting until the end.

I promise I will keep Akari safe and sound. I wish I could turn back the time and choose you. My family. It's too late and I messed up, I know. Thank you for everything, (Name).'

A final dot was placed after the name of Hinata's past lover. His hand stopped writing as he looked up at his phone to see that it was too late. He should be sleeping but he couldn't close his eyes after remembering the terrifying sight of his daughter crying in the hospital beside his past lover's bed.

The sight he couldn't get out of his head. The sight that terrified him the most because it was one of the things he was afraid of the most.

Akari is just a 7 years old child who is still too young to bear the loss of a parent. Especially a parent that raised her all alone.

(Name) was everything she had. Everything she wanted and everything she needed... Akari said so.

Placing the pen down, folding the letter, and throwing a hoodie on, Hinata got up from his chair and walked past Akari's room that had its door slightly opened but he didn't notice as he headed to the kitchen for a glass of water.

2:26 am

No matter how many times Hinata tries to forget, he still can't get out of his head what his own child said to him. He was almost embarrassed to call himself a father.