𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 /Nishinoya Yuu/

WARNINGS: reader being the second choice, insecurity, neglect, me not proofreading

PAIRING: Y.Nishinoya x fem!reader

WORD COUNT: 1.7k

REQUESTED: yes

________________________

(Name) could only watch as the team she managed with her sister run over to her sister Kiyoko and started talking as if nothing in the world mattered, leaving the poor girl behind.

It has always been like this. Left behind to give her sister her spotlight.

To give "The pretty Shimizu sibling" her spotlight.

It was okay. She was okay with it. And if it wouldn't hurt that much, she would be more than okay with it.

But no matter how much she pressures herself to be happy for her sister, she can't stop the pain lining up in her chest after seeing her boyfriend, Nishinoya Yuu, almost falling on his knees for Kiyoko.

It hurts so much but what kind of sweet sister she would be if she wouldn't want the best for her older sibling?

Kiyoko deserved to have everything, right?

⋆┄┄┄✦┄┄┄┄ ⋆ ✧ ⋆ ✧ ⋆

"You're useless!" the loud voice of (Name)'s mother ringed in her ears as all she could do was sit there and blankly stare at her assignment before her on the desk with 89% written on it.

Of course, she messed up a little bit. She stayed awake, talking to Nishinoya instead of studying because she knew that time was special.

He wasn't talking about Kiyoko that night, that's why (Name) didn't study. She wanted to have a normal conversation with him.

"I know."

Her voice turned cold by the time that it was almost impossible to not notice. Well, they didn't notice. They never did because it was always about her sister.

You're tired? Oh, that's nice but Kiyoko is tired too so they will take her home first. Do you want chicken nuggets? Well, that's bad, Kiyoko wanted noodles.

"Why can't you be like Kiyoko more?! She got 100% even on her exams and you can't even get to 90%? Tch, no wonder she's getting more friends-" those words were punching holes into (Name)'s chest.

It was painful. Was she really that much of a bother in this world?

She wanted to run away from everything. Fighting sounded too tiring, she'd rather just vanish.

"Mom...?" her small voice cut her mother off as she looked furiously at her once again but this time, her heart clenched at the sight of her own daughter with dead eyes and ice-cold voice calling out to her.