𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 /Oikawa Tooru/

╔═══════꧁꧂═══════╗

╔═══════꧁꧂═══════╗

You can't bring the whole team up alone

╚═══════꧁꧂═══════╝

✎... ʙʟᴀᴜ's ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ: ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ

/𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥/

TW: insecurity, breakdown

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

Oikawa Tooru was always a hardworking person that didn't like losing and Ushijima Wakatoshi (but that's not important now). He always practiced and worked till late at night just to bring the team-up. To win.

Strong, powerful, kind, and dumb teenage boy. He was stubborn but very careful at the same time. Words of his girlfriend never really reached his mind and that was the thing that brings him down. He didn't listen.

And when he didn't win, his whole dream disappeared in front of his eyes. Oikawa was known as the flirty playboy that only thought about volleyball. Lies, he's not like that. He is really far from that.

He was caring and loving. He put his team and his girlfriend as his top priority and almost forgot to take care of himself. He just wanted to be seen as the good person he is. He wanted the girls to fall for his personality, not his looks.

If (Name) wasn't there, he would demolish himself to not look 'perfect'. The weight on him only dragged him down.

He deserved better.

°.✩┈┈∘*┈˃̶୨୧˂̶┈*∘┈┈✩.°

"I FAILED! I dragged the whole team down!!" Oikawa cried in the arms of his girlfriend, (Name). He was destroyed. His mind was clouded with regret and guilt. The only thing he could hear was the last sound of the ball slamming onto the ground and cheers from the Karasuno volleyball team.

The faces of his teammates were tearing him apart. Tears, sobs, and the slap on his back from his beloved childhood friend. He could feel the 'you did well' from that friendly hit.

"I did, I did try! I tried so hard (Name)! I really did!" he choked on his own sobs as he buried his head into her neck and cried his heart out. (Name) didn't say anything. She held him in a loving way and rubbed his back.

Tears streamed down her face as the pain he was feeling made her feel miserable. She wanted to help him but he needed to let it all out first. His cries got louder as he clenched the hem of her shirt in his palm.

(Name) could only remember the moment she found him like this. The moment he broke down.

"We lost... I'm alright but please, stay by Oikawa's side" was the text that Iwaizumi sent right before (Name) ran out of her workplace to Tooru's house. She knew that he wouldn't be okay. She knew that he needed someone to cry to.

Ringing the bell, she waited with her palms sweating. A few seconds later the doors opened as she faced Tooru's head hung low. He didn't lookup. He started walking back inside the house and she slowly followed him as if he would break if she'd say something.

He stopped in the middle of his room. Everything fell into silence.

"Tooru..." her soft voice called out as he turned to look into her eyes that always made him fall for her all over again. But he shouldn't have to look at her. Her eyes saying that her arms are always opened for him.

And as if she sensed his need to cry, she opened her arms wide with a small smile. "Come here..."

Those words struck him like a flash of lightning as tears swelled up in his eyes as he ran right into her arms. His strong arms wrapped around her small body and snuggled his nose into her neck. His hair falling into his eyes and blocking (Name)'s vision.

It started with small sobs and slowly turned into loud cries of pain. (Name) slowly rubbing his back and drawing circles as they sat on the floor.

"Tooru..." she tightened her grip around him as he tried to hold in the tears.

"Let it all out," she whispered. The perfect Aoba Johsai prince was breaking down and drowning in the ocean of guilt and regret.

He needed someone to grab his hand and pull him out. Someone who can help him breathe again. And that someone was (Name).

"You don't understand (Name)... I really did try! I tried to bring them to nationals! I tried to let the third years discover what it feels like to be in the nationals but I failed! I really am a failure-" his sobbing and cries were interrupted by (Name)'s hands pushing Oikawa's shoulder and looking into his eyes.

Her eyes teary and a frown on her face. "Don't you dare say that!" she snapped and his eyes widened. His always beautiful eyes were now all puffy and red.

She let out a sigh and smiled at him gently. (Name) wiped a few tears away from his face and cupped his face.

"Listen here King... there are times when you lose and times when you win. You are THE Oikawa Tooru. The great king and the most talented volleyball player I have ever seen. Don't let anyone take your crown cause you are ruling the court. You are the leader but remember... you can't bring the whole team up alone,"

The determined expression on her face made him wonder what did he do to deserve such an angel as her.

"And you're nothing like a failure. You are the best captain ever and the best boyfriend," she whispered the last part and landed a gentle kiss on his lips. Startled by her actions, his eyes widened but as soon as he realized, he kissed her back.

A few tears streamed down his face but the pain in his body shut down. He felt safe again. He was home. She felt like home.

"Thank you so much..." he mumbled into the innocent kiss.

Her lips curled up as she cupped his cheeks once again and parted away from him. "You're always welcome,"

𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲:
What makes you happy?

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌