𝐊𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐨! /Bokuto Kotaro/

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒: death, sickness, mentions of bullying, blood

𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆: Bokuto Kotaro x fem! reader

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓: 2k

𝐑𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄: no

𝐀𝐔: children au
──────────────────

He always said that.

He always said that no matter what, he'll save (Name) from troubles.

He'll save (Name) from bullies and all the danger.

Even if they were just 6 years old, they did have a wild imagination and dreams.

"Just call my name. No matter how far I am, I'll come to you and save you," he says that every time (Name) gets into trouble.

Every time, no matter how hurt and bruised he was from the fight he put in order to protect (Name) from the bullies, he grins at her like there wasn't just a big bruise creating on his knee.

"Kotaro..." (Name) called out when they were walking home right before the sun could set as Bokuto held her hand in his and walked in front of her, saying "If there's going to be something dangerous, I'll catch it before it could get to you!"

They walked by the road that was right beside the Sakura trees. It was beautiful to watch the flowers fly around.

At the sound of his name, he stopped and turned around to face his best friend who had a pout on her face. He tilted his head in confusion as his grip on her hand loosened for a while.

"Hm? What's wrong, (Name)?" he asked and noticed her hand clutching her shirt tightly. An expression of worry appeared on Bokuto's face as he thought that something or someone hurt (Name).

Before he could speak up, (Name)'s hand appeared before his face, stopping him from talking before she opened her own mouth to talk.

"Why are you always doing this?" a question was thrown his way and Bokuto had to put his brain together to understand what she meant.

But he still didn't get it.

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you always saving me and letting yourself get hurt just for me?"

Why, she asked. For Bokuto, it was easy to answer that. Because he liked her as a sister? No, this wasn't a feeling for a sister. What did the adults call it again? Luff? Loof? No, it was love.

Of course, it was love!

What else would it be?

That's what he thought. He was still young to understand what does it mean to truly love a person from the bottom of his heart. But as I said, he didn't know. Nor did (Name) know.