Chapter 50

Abhimanyu P.O.V

"And today she came into my chamber to tell me about her feelings" I told everything to Mother who was smiling and giving glances to Uncle. "Did you tell her about your feelings?" She asked me, I slowly shook my head, I was about to but Mother interrupted in between. She sighed and put her hand on my head "Don't waste time son, you never know when it will be too late" She said, I know what she is saying is right and tonight I will do everything right by her and by Uttara too. She deserve all the happiness in the world. "I won't Ma, I won't" I reassured her, She pulled me in a hug and I enjoyed the motherly love. "Prakrite, Abhimanyu will do everything just fine, don't worry" Uncle said coming towards us and giving me a warm smile. Mother broke the hug and looked at Uncle. "I know Brother but as a mother I will always worry for my son" She said with a small smile, Uncle face fell but he quickly put a smile on his face "I know Prakrite, I know" He said and just then Father entered in the chamber, he looked at us and raised his eyebrow "Am I missing something?" He questioned, Uncle and Mother started chuckling at his statement. "Well Paarth, you have missed quite alot" Uncle said and beckoned Father towards him.

"Your son is in love" Uncle started, a blush crept on my face and I looked down. Father started smiling "Finally, I was thinking that he won't be lucky enough to find love" he said which made Mother sigh. "I know, war is looming around and I thought our son would be unaware from the feeling of love but I am happy now that he found love even in this circumstances" she responded to father. I never forget we have war to fight and I will be on front line to fight for Draupadi Mother's honor. "I should go now, I have to do some sword practice" I said, Mother smiled and father looked at me with proud in his eyes. "Sure son" Father said, with final greeting to all three of them. I walked out of the chamber and went towards my chamber. I know by now Uttara is gone and I will meet her tonight. For the time being, I have so many things to do. I pulled my sword out from its sheath and looked at the shining weapon. My reflection flashing on it. A frown on my face and my grip tightened around the sword.

"After the wedding, I have a war to finish" I said with determination on my face and I know dharm is on our side and we will win the war but at what cost?

***

Finally the time come and I went out of the city to meet Princess Uttara. I will tell her what's in my heart and all the confusion will be over soon. When I reached to the garden, I saw her looking at the sky, her eyes shining brightly, she looked so mesmerizing that I can look at her like this my whole life. I shook my head and a gentle smile appeared on my face. How come I got so lucky to have a partner like her. Not just her beauty but her caring and bold nature attracted me towards her. Never once in this whole Aryavart a girl boldly denied the marriage two days before the wedding when she finds out what in her heart and I admire her for that.

I coughed a little to get her attention, she froze and turned around a little to look at me then her face relaxed as her eyes met mine. I slowly walked towards her all the while looking at her. "I was waiting for you" She whispered, so that no one can hear us. I gave her a soft smile "I am here now" I said in low voice and moved my hand to take her hand in mine. She was hesitant at first but relaxed as I enclosed my large hand around her small one. It was so soft like I am touching a silk but her hand was cold. I frowned, she must be waiting for me here for awhile now. I squeezed her hand to provide the warmth. She was staring at me all this time.

"I want to--" She started saying when I interrupted her with a 'sshh' sound. She told me everything now it is my turn to tell her about my feeling. She looked at me with wide eyes when I stopped her from speaking, "It is my turn to speak now" I said and she slowly nodded her head. I breath in "When I came in this Kingdom, I didn't think of finding an alluring Princess bumping into me and stealing my heart" I started saying, a smile appeared on her face and her eyes started getting teary. "Then I find out the Princess I have bumped into is my soon to be bride because my parents Arjun and Prakriti choose her for me and I was happy that the girl who stole my heart will become part of my life" I heard her breath hitched, she opened her mouth to speak but no words came out of it. "Then you rejected it because you were in love with other me and you made me the happiest person when you told me you were in love with me and I was more that happy to know that you were ready to fight for our love even it means breaking the marriage to the person you don't love" I said looking at her in admiration. A tear slipped from her eyes and she looked at me in shock.