Chapter 10

Prakriti P.O.V

After the assembly, we went into common chamber to get ready for our journey to our Kingdom. Mother was sitting on the chair looking sad, I went to her and took a seat beside her taking her hand in mine. "Mother, what happened, are you not happy with our decision?" I asked her, she looked at me giving me her motherly smile. "I am happy when my children are happy" she stated looking around. "We are happy mother" Arya said giving her a smile. She nodded her head sighing, looking down on the floor. "Mother, something is bothering you" I said when I saw her face scrunched up in pain. "I am giving you and Draupadi the responsibility to take care of my sons" she suddenly said turning her head towards me and glancing at Draupadi for a moment. I frowned looking at her in confusion, everyone stopped their work and circled around us. A tear fell from Mother's eyes, I quickly wiped it away and stared at Mother in torment. "I can not come with you to your new Kingdom" she told us finally as more tears fall from her eyes. I flinched when those words came out of her mouth. 

"Mother!"

"Why are you not coming with us?"

Everyone gasped around us in shock. She looked at her children "When I married to your father, this Hastinapur was my home, I am daughter in law of kuruvansh, my place is here by Elder and Sister Gandhari, I can't leave them behind" she explained to us. "But, what about us, How are we going to live without you?" Brother Bhima asked in distress tone. She gave him a small smile "You have your brothers, wife and Prakriti with you, everything will be fine" she responded squeezing my hand when I move my head down, tears threatening to appear in my eyes. I have known her since I was a child, she was also a mother to me and more than that, she cared for me as much as she care for her children, now leaving her behind so suddenly is like an arrow piercing through your heart. I couldn't bear the pain to part away from her. "We need your care and Love, Mother, I don' know what I will do without you" I said as tears started falling from my eyes, she sniffed and wiped my tears putting her hand on my cheek "I am always with you and my children, in your heart" she said pointing towards my heart.

Arya sat on his knees in front of her, pulling her hands in his, tears pooling in his eyes "Without you Mother, How are we going to find our path?" he questioned her, crying in her lap, Mother put her hand on his head and stroke his head gently. "I am not away from you, a mother can never be away from her children" she said crying. 

"But Mother--" Brother Bhima started saying but Mother interrupted him and pulled herself in standing position. She went towards Brother Yudhishthira putting her hand on his shoulder "Remember one thing my children, always accept Yudhishthira decision" she said looking at us, We nodded our head in acknowledgement. She turned her frame away and started crying, I stood up from my seat going towards her, she turned around and gave me a watery smile opening her arms and pulling me into her hug, I cried on her shoulder. One by one each pandavas joined us while Draupadi stayed behind shedding tears. We broke the hug and Mother went to Draupadi pulling her in a hug, wiping her tears. "Now go, my children, I will always be with you" she said giving us her smile. One by one we touched her feet in respect and she gave us blessings, putting her hand on our head. I pulled her into hug one last time and she cried on my shoulder.

***

We moved towards the entrance of Castle, everyone was there waiting for our departure, we took blessings from our elders and Brother Yudhishthira moved towards Grandfather Bhishma joining his hands in respect "Grandfather, we shall leave now, with your guidance, we will try to establish Dharm" he said, I turned my eyes away as I remembered that Grandfather is not coming with us.  He turned his head and gave Uncle Vidur a look. "I have faith in you son, you will expand the prestige of your ancestors, you will never get distracted from the righteousness" he said, Pandavas looked at each other in confusion.