Chapter 55

Prakriti P.O.V

We took our seat on silk-covered chair inlaid with ivory and precious stones. Duryodhan was showing off his wealth to us. Duryodhan sat in front of me, I was internally gritting my teeth, he is too close for me to grab him and behead him with my sword. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Brother Krishna looking at me and shaking his head. I sighed and swallow the lump in my throat.

"Welcome to our palace, both of you. Honor me by sharing a meal with us." Duryodhan said with a smile on his face.

"I must decline your invitation for the moment, Duryodhana." Brother Krishna said not wasting any second. His eyes flashed ""A messenger may not eat until the task he has come for is fulfilled." I continued with the conversation. We are not here to have a hearty meal. Duryodhan eyes blazed when he was rejected by both of us. I stood up from the seat, every eyes turned on me. "You are my enemy, Duryodhana and I will not eat in an enemy's house" I said and walked out of that palace leaving Brother Krishna behind. I know he will teach Duryodhan a lesson with his wisdom but I can not stay there for much longer. I strolled down the open street, this place is better than palace. I take deep breath of fresh air, people ran up to me and greeted me, some even offered me flowers. I gladly took them and gave them genuine smile in return. I saw Ang King Karn helping a kid with archery. I remembered the time where he used to taught little warrior.

I walked up to him and stand beside him, he looked at me after helping the kid "Greeting Princess Prakriti" he said joining his hand, I greeted him back. "You are still the same Ang King?" I asked him, he frowned and looked at the child who was taking an aim.

"Yet you are diverting from the path of dharm" I continued, I am giving him one more chance to take the right path because his father was concerned about him. If he disagree then I would have no choice but to see him die in the war. He looked at me "My dharm is with Prince Dhuryodhan" he responded, I shook my head "You are aware that Prince Duryodhan is wrong, he is waging this war because you are standing by his side ready to fight at any movement. If you leave his side, this war will not occur, many people will be save from the bloodshed, many family will not lose their loved one's, its only on your one decision" I stated, his decision can make and break the future. His eyes widened a little and he mulled over our conversation. He opened his mouth to reply when the kid called out to him for help, his bow string was broken. He hesitated for a moment and looked at me, he knew I won't be here when he come back, he shook his head "I have to go and help him" and walked up to him.

I smiled sadly and looked at the sun. Your son has made his decision. It shine seems to dull a bit as I spoke to him. I looked one last time at Ang King and walked back to the palace. I wanted to save him, he is a part of our family but the sin he has committed can only be redeemed by his blood now.

***

Next morning, I woke up, took a bath and get dressed for today sabha. I walked out of guest chamber and moved towards the new sabha. Brother Krishna soon joined me, last night, we sat with kakashree vidur and talked about anything but the war. I saw Ang king and Dusasana walking towards us. "Pranipat" they said and lead us to King Dhritarashtra's court. When we walked in the sabha, everyone stood up. We were shown to our seat with honor as a messenger and peacemaker. I sat beside Brother Krishna, next to him sat Kakashree Vidur; not far from them, to their left, King Karn and Duryodhana shared a wide seat for two and Shakuni sat beside them. Every gaze in the sabha was riveted to us.

For a long moment, there was silence in that court; then, Brother Krishna addressed King Dhritarashtra "My lord, we have come to Hastinapur to prevent the deaths of all these
kshatriyas. We have come to make peace between the Pandavas and the Kauravas. I am glad we are here at the time when most of what needs to be said has already been debated in this sabha. Everything is known and there is not much I have to add to the words of the wise". Everyone listened to him entranced.