Chapter 35

Prakriti P.O.V

In one afternoon after we finished eating our meal, Elder brother came inside looking a little worried "Durvasa rishi is here with his students" he said, my eyes widened, we have already finished the food and if he won't get satisfaction from our hospitality, he will surely curse us. "But-but how are we going to feed them now, all the food are finished" Krishne said worried, she knew from the tales about the nature of Durvasa rishi. "Panchali, we have to welcome them no matter what" he responded while we stood there mulling over the thought. "Elder Brother, you should go and welcome them until then we will try to find a way" I said trying to reassure him and myself in the situation. He quickly nodded his head and went out of the shelter to greet Rishi Durvasa and make him comfortable. We stand behind the door and listened to the conversation.

"We are starving, Yudhishtira. And we have heard about the unworldly fare Prakriti and Draupadi serves in this asrama" Durvasa rishi said in loud voice. I glanced at Krishne in panic as she looked paled hearing the conversation. "My lord, there is a river nearby where you can wash. I will show you the way and we will have a meal served for you when you return" Elder Brother responded calmly but I knew he was tensed.

"We are going to the river. Have food ready for our guests when we return" Elder Brother called to us and with other brothers he went towards the river taking Durvasa rishi and his students with them. Krishne sat on the floor in despair, she looked at me "What will we do now!" she said in small voice, I sighed and looked around myself for something, anything which can solve our problem, tears appeared in her eyes. I can't see her like this, "Vibha" she whispered looking at me helpless. I exhaled a deep breath and closed my eyes. 

Brother Krishna, we need you.

Just then we heard Brother Krishna voice from outside "Prakriti, I am starving, give me something to eat quickly" he said entering in the shelter and looking at us innocently, a smile appeared on my face and Krishne quickly stood up from the floor. "There is nothing to eat here, Rishi Durvasa and a hundred of his munis have arrived and they are hungry. Arya Yudhishtira took them to the river and they will return any moment. When Durvasa rishi finds there is nothing to eat, he will curse us. Oh Govinda, I am terrified. I don't know what to do" she said in worry which was showing on her face. He smiled and put a hand on her shoulder "Check your platter there has to be one grain there that will be enough to satisfy my hunger" he responded, looking at our kitchen and then at me, Krishne quickly went in and searched around the kitchen while I walked beside Brother Krishna "There is nothing in the platter, not even a grain" I said to Brother, he turned his gaze at me and chuckle "When we have Annapurna with us, why do we have to worry" he responded, his eyes shining with joy.

Krishne came back with empty platter in her hand "There is nothing in there" she said in dismay, Brother sneaked a glance at me and I nodded my hand slowly, flickering my hand in the direction of platter, a small grain appeared at the corner on the platter. Brother Krishna smiled and pointed to the grain and taking it in his finger. "You are going to satisfy your hunger with that?" she asked giggling despite the anxiety she was feeling. "Krishne, sometimes even one grain can content your heart" I responded as Brother put one grain in his mouth and ate it. He closed his eyes in satisfaction and then burped after, making me chuckle. Just then we heard Sahadev calling us from outside "Prakriti sister, Panchali, is the food ready? You know what a temper Durvasa has, you mustn't keep him waiting." Brother Krishna walked outside, me and Krishne followed him. Sahadev gasped looking at Brother Krishna surprised by his presence. "Yes! Food is served and I have just finished eating. And a curse on anyone who does not do justice to such a meal. Go to the river, Sahadeva and tell them to hurry back" he said smiling, other pandavas appeared as well.

"Madhava" Elder Brother said in relief and "How are you here?"

"I will tell you. But first, Sahadeva, go and call your guests for lunch. And mind you don't tell Durvasa Rishi that I am here" he responded sheepishly. Sahadev nodded his head and went off to call Durvasa rishi and his students while other brothers looked at Brother Krishna with happiness. "Madhava, how are you here?" Arya asked this time, Brother Krishna turned his head towards Arya and smiled "I just wanted to meet my sister and Sakhi, I missed them" he answered  with a quizzically smile, I smiled internally, my brother can't be understand by people, he is a mystery in his own. "Our guest will be here any minute, how will we welcome them?" Elder Brother in distress, other looked concerned as well knowing the rage of Durvasa rishi.