Chapter 43

Prakriti P.O.V

"Shall we start!" I smirked a little calling my sword back in my hand. My hands were itching to kill Dusasana as I remembered the day of game of dice. The blood which was oozing from his wound was calming my heart down. He turned and looked at me, his eyes widened as he took me in and the horse which I was riding. Just then I heard Duryodhana's voice "You have broke the rule of Agyatvasa, now you have to go back in exile for twelve more years" he shouted from the other side, I looked at him and merely raised my eyebrow. I could careless what he thinks right now, Agyatavasa is complete long ago, we are just following Elder's Brother order. He should feel lucky that today is not his death. "I think you should consult with Grandfather Bhism and Guru Drona, they would tell you the truth" I responded, he scoffed and turned towards his Elders "Pitama, it isn't true! The year of the agyatavasa is not over. I have counted the days" he asked, his face becoming pale, I waited patiently for him. I saw Arya engaged in a fight with Anga King. Wave upon wave of arrows flew at Anga King from every side, from the sky and it seemed, up from the very earth. He could not face my Arya today. "I consulted the astrologers before we left Hastinapura and their calculations are immaculate, Agyatvasa has been complete five months ago but Yudhishtira did not want to leave room for any doubt, so he waited until thirteen years of the sun passed" Grandfather responded truthfully. I could see Prince Duryodhana's face crumbling as his hope started diminishing. "And by the count of the sun?" he cried like it is his last hope.

"By the count of the sun, the Agyatvasa ended six days ago. If you do not believe me, ask Yudhishtira; even you know your cousin would never lie".

Grandfather looked at me and gave me a small smile and then turned his head towards his Grandson in pity "Look at Arjuna, he won't be stopped today. Even Prakriti is here to fight against us and we know what she is capable of, we have heard that she is a great fighter. And how much more terrible the Pandavas family will be when all of them fight us together. Make peace with them, my child, you cannot send them back into exile. Time does not obey one man's will; her wheel of fortune has come round, inexorably. Return their kingdom to the Pandavas and spare the earth such slaughter that you can't even dream of" he said trying to make Duryodhana understand. I sighed at their conversation, I don't want to make peace with him right now, he has to be punished for the sins he has done in the past. "Let us have no more talk of peace, but of bloody war. I mean to fight today and later, as well. If I cannot banish them to the forest peaceably, I will kill them on the field. They came out of nowhere, like a plague into my life. They ruined my youth and stole my birthright from me. I have suffered from them for too long. Let them either stay in the wilderness where they were born, or let them die. Pitama, don't talk to me anymore of peace with the Pandavas" he said in grim voice.

Then war it is!

"I guess, its time for you to stop talking and start fighting Prince Duryodhana, I am waiting for you" I shouted at him so that he can hear me, Dusasana was in the same spot looking at me wide eyed. Duryodhana turned his gaze at me and his fist clenched, his chariot moved forward in my direction. I chuckled, finally he is coming to his doom himself. I was waiting patiently for him to come near me. He is coming alone, I thought he would have his army behind him with his best warriors. He is taking me lightly then. I saw Grandfather Bhishma moving with Drona in Arya's direction. I know Arya will take them all together. Duryodhana stopped his chariot in front of me and looked at me with raised eyebrow "I don't want to fight you, Prakriti" he said suddenly, his voice changing from harsh to somber. 

"You should have think this before you have done the wrong with Krishne in the Sabha" I replied harshly, I would have talked to him in calm voice but he doesn't deserve it. His expression changed and he gritted his teeth in annoyance "She deserved it, she was my maid and she denied my orders" he said thinking of himself as a superior. "She is made for my haram and everyone knows that" he further said, in instant my sword went past his head and sliced his cheek in the process. His eyes widened and he looked flabbergasted for a second, blood starting dripping from his cheek. "You are a disgrace to humankind, you don't even know how to respect a woman" I growled at him, my sword appearing in my hand again. "You are forcing me to stand against you and I don't fight a woman" he said, I scoffed at him "You are here in a battle field Prince Duryodhana and I don't think you would care if your opponent is man or not" I said and forced my horse to move forward to attack him.