Chapter 54

Prakriti P.O.V

I went back to Upaplavya after talking to my niece. I knew she was lying about her feelings, the sadness in her eyes didn't go unnoticed by me. I didn't put much pressure on her. It is her and her choice only for what she want to do with her life. I put hold on meeting with Dau for sometime, next time when I will be here, I will surely visit him but this time, my time was only for Vatsala.

I saw Arya sitting in the chamber probably waiting for me. His eyes met mine and he gave me a loving smile. I sighed and my heart filled with happiness, I walked towards him and sat beside him. He put both of his arms around me and hugged me. "I was gone for half day only" I chuckled when he nuzzled his nose on my cheek. "But it seems so long" he said dragging each words. I don't see him being much happy nowadays because of the war but whenever the rare moments came, I don't take it for granted. 

"What happened while I was gone?" I asked him casually leaning into his touch. He tightened his arms around me. "Your brother created havoc here, he was playing and he made him join him" he said pouting, I chuckled, "And you enjoyed every bit of it" I responded to him, he sighed and nodded his head "Madhav has a way of making everyone feels alive when they are around him".

"He is my brother after all" I said proudly and with a laugh turned to look at him with amusement in my eyes. He looked at me raising his eyebrows "Is that so?" he grinned slowly taking his arms away and looking at me. "Umm hmm" I hummed and moved back a little. "What about me?" he said slowly moving towards me, lopsided smile on his face. 

"What about you Arya?" I asked feigning confusion on my face. He huffed and I started chuckling looking at his innocent expression. He narrowed his eyes at me and lunged in my direction but I was quick and run in the other direction. I could hear him running after me. I laughed and quicken my pace enjoying every bit of it. Suddenly I was pushed forward and I fell on bed face first. I turned my body and Arya trapped me in his arms. He has a winning smile on his face. 

"I caught you" his gaze was on me and the love in his eyes was pure. I put my arms around his neck and smiled "I always wanted to get capture by you" his eyes sparkled and we both relish in the moment.

***

Next morning came quickly than I anticipated, today Brother Krishna and I have to go to Hastinapur to have conversation with kauravas. I rolled out of Arya's arms and looked at his serene face while he was sleeping. I don't want to leave him but we have to go and visit hastinapur. After all of this is over, my whole time will be dedicated to my family. I took a bath and worship the sun, closing my eyes, its sunlight falling on my closed eyelids. Suddenly light became brighter and Surya Dev appeared in front of me. I bowed my head in front of him "Pranipat Surya Dev" I said, he bowed his head in front of me as well "Pranipat Mata" he responded, I chuckled and shook my head "I am not in the form of my true being, I am mere mortal Surya Dev".

He smiled "Even if you are in this form, you are still our mother and I came here to ask something from mother" he said, his face looked troubled.

"You have called me your mother, you can ask me anything" I responded in return. He nodded and took a long breath "Mother, I know you are going to Hastinapur for a truce. Will you talk to my son and make him understand Dharm?" he requested, I stared at him, he knows that his son has done wrong but he has dharm in his heart and a father want to try one last time to save his son. "I will talk to him but it is on him if he want to understand this or not" I quickly said, I don't want to bring his hope up. Karna will die, his end is inevitable and to born sin free in next life, he has to pay for every deeds he has done in this time.

"Thank you Mother, thank you so much" with that said, he was gone from the view. I sighed and looked at the sky. "You know he won't leave Duryodhan's side" Brother Krishna said standing beside me. I nodded my head solemnly "I know brother but I couldn't reject a Father's plea" I responded. "Satyaki has prepared the chariot, it is time" Brother said after some time and we moved towards our carriage. Elder brother was standing beside it with Satyaki. I have already talked to others the day before.