Chapter 32

Third Person P.O.V

Months have passed since Arjuna met Manha, their encounter were frequent, one way or another they found each other or it can be said that Prakriti was creating situations where they spend time together. One day, Manha invited Arjuna in her home for lunch in gratitude, Arjuna accepted the invitation whole heartily and went to her home.

"Welcome Gandivadhari Arjuna" Manha said with a smile on her face, Arjuna gave a soft smile to her and entered in her home, it was fairly a nice house on the outskirts of forest. "Why do you live here alone outside of forest?" he asked raising his eyebrow in confusion. Manha eyes widened a little at the unexpected question "I like to live near nature" she responded calmly, with her answer Arjuna gave a low chuckle. "Why are you chuckling Prince Arjuna?" she asked, he didn't recognize her, did he?

 "My wife also loves nature" he said, his eyes sparkling with happiness when he think about Prakriti. This got Manha attention "Panchali Draupadi?" she questioned, Arjuna shook his head then suddenly he changed the topic. "I am hungry Devi, are you going to fill my stomach only with conversation" he joked, Manha laughed "You take a seat here and I will just come back with a delicious meal" she said gesturing towards the seat, he nodded his head and sat on the fluffy coverlet on the ground. Manha went inside the kitchen and took a deep breath changing herself into her original form. "Why did he stop when the conversation was diverting to me" she asked to herself, Arjuna behavior has been changing since he met Manha, he is spending more time in the forest rather than with his family and he speaks lots of praise about Manha to his family, it is like he is changing slowly.

"Arya, why are you doing this!" she whispered feeling insecure. Then she started making rice pudding for his Arya knowing she makes the best pudding and he has complemented her many times about it. She put the serving in a bowl and take it to Arjuna. He was calmly sitting waiting for her, she served the bowl in front of him, "Start eating, Gandivadhari" she said and stand a little distance away from him. He nodded his head and slowly took a bite of the rice pudding in his mouth, he closed his eyes devouring the sweet taste. "It is the best pudding in the world" he eulogize her, Manha face fell hearing that, she was expecting some other response. "But you are a Prince of Indraprastha, you must have eaten delicious food than this?" she said with a frown on her face. Arjuna shook his head and a serene smile appeared on his face. "You make the best rice pudding" he responded, Manha turned her head around as a tear fell from her eyes.

Everyone was having a light conversation waiting for the food to be prepared. Prakriti came out of kitchen with a big bowl in her hand. She served the rice pudding to all pandavas, Bheem licked his lips looking at the deliciousness in front of him. One by one, they started eating moaning at the taste of sweetness in their mouth. "You make better rice pudding than me even I will agree to that" Bheem said moaning at the taste. "Yes, Prakriti sister, it is luscious" Nakula said taking another bite of the pudding.

"It is the best pudding in the world" Arjuna praised her with impressive smile on his face, Prakriti is Annapurna in herself. 

Prakriti smiled hearing these words coming out of her family mouth as they devoured the food in satisfaction.

Now her Arya is praising other woman for the dish, more tears fell from her eyes and she wiped them away before putting a fake smile on her face and turning around. "Are you just saying this to make me happy or do you really liked it" she asked again with a doubtful look on her face. Arjuna smiled "I said the truth from my heart Manha" he responded which crushed Prakriti more from inside.

After finishing the food, Manha sat in front of Arjuna, a question on her lips. "I can tell, you want to ask me something Manha, go ahead" he said waiting. She sighed and opened her mouth "Since the day I met you, I fell in love with you" she started, Arjuna eyes widened at her blunt statement. "I want to marry you" she said at last looking at Arjuna. He stood up suddenly from his seat in shock "But Devi, I can't marry you, I am living a life of Brahmin, I can't provide you the happiness and comfort of a palace" he responded quickly, Manha stand up as well "I don't want all of these, I would be happy to live with you like a Brahmin" she said walking closer to him. She was waiting for him to outraged reject her.