Chapter 19 - Comfortable

Shut. Locked. Darkness.

The three things that came when you were shoved in.

Music could still be heard, faintly flowing through the space between the floor and door. Also the only source of light until Loki let his glowing green hand illuminate your reddening face.

"7 minutes... and we can do what we want?"

"Anything except leave," you grumble, slumping down against the wall.

"Well that's very vvvague," Loki's slur was adorable but you held back the urge to state so.

"Usually people kiss and sometimes do more than that," your sigh of disappoint seemed to come off badly so you quickly cleared it up. "Not like I want to do that with you!-"

Green left his hand to find a centre above you both, slowly coiling with soft smoke. "No, of course not," Loki chuckled, though unbeknownst to you, his heart seemed to sink. As he copied your actions across from you, the cramped closet let your crossed knees just graze.

"I had fun tonight, dancing with you,"

"I had fun too, quite an experience,"

"Dancing Midgard style is always a shocker," your cheesy jazz hands erupted a vibration in his chest as you sat back with a soft yet proud smile.

A comfortable silence. Always a good thing. Of course after a moment, you both had moved to the same side of the closet. Not wanting anything more than the company of one another. Loki held a book against his pale palms, slowly flipping the page as slightly drabbled words slipped off his tongue.

With each word it felt like music had been sung sweetly into your ears. Ever calming your drunken state to the point where you hadn't registered you placing your head against his shoulder.

Your drooping eyes begged to stay awake, listen closer to the slightly slurred voice. But as maple did on it's wooden bark, you slipped into a sleep, being awoken just as the sound faded out.

"Times up!" The Avengers stumbled in faces, searching for something to poke fun at though only seeing a very tired witch leaning against a reading prince.

"Boo!" Your jolt upwards was stopped as Loki clutched onto your frightened hand.

"Y/n, was nearly asleep, you fools, could you have not done such a sudden announcement?" Loki hisses before ridding his hand of the book and instead picking up your form.

"Yeah... fools," You mimic, wrapping a limp arm around his neck and cuddling against his chest. Your eyes snap open as Loki trips lightly, recovering quickly, letting you comb back his hair.

"Do we need to take you drunks both to bed?"

"It was a simple miscalculation, I am perfectly sober,"

The group hums, trailing smirking eyes at the two figures who disappeared into the elevator.

~~~

A shimmer of blue overtook you when you were placed on the bed; a neat trick you placed for whenever you were too lazy or too drunk to change.

"Clever enchantress," Loki sighed as you curled up against the f/c cushions. Torn between two options, stay or leave. He couldn't bring himself to stay, seeing it as an intrusion.

"You don't have to leave," he unclutched his hand from the door handle, turning to you, your hair tussled slightly, something he couldn't help but hope to wake up to every morning... some day. "We're both adults, and good friends, it isn't weird,"

"Right, friends, of course," pins pricked at each inch of his heart as he settled next to you. Green fading away his clothes to reveal his usual night attire.

If you had enough awareness you would have scolded your choice of words to no end. However, in that moment all you could muster was shifting closer to Loki, feeling his smooth skin tingle around you.

Intoxicating. Old books and mint. Refreshing, comforting, loving, all of it and gods were you still falling. Lest not forget the end of this all... The fall. The moment you hit that cold hard ground of realization.

As much as he praised your powers, will and kindness, you were still a measly witch. And he? Well he was a prince, destined to court royalty.

Not a Midgard witch.

Not you.

But until that day comes. Until the ground nears... you will just enjoy this.

"Goodnight, Enchantress,"

"Goodnight, Loki," Your hand rested lightly against his chest, he hoped his racing heart wouldn't alarm you, or more so hint at what he felt.

~~~

Short chapter smh

Short chapter smh

I'm sorry

- Anna ❤️