Chapter 16 - Worth

Victor.

That was his name. As in the man who asked you out in Mama Delphine's shop.

He was sweet, kind and loving in every way possible, hell, he had the same interests as you!

You lasted about a month... not long but it was the longest you've ever lasted since the last century.

But, alas, there was the reason you ended things...

~~~

"Hey, Darling-" You look behind you and Victor to his front door. A beautiful young woman stood there with a suitcase in hand. "Darling, who's this?!"

"Who is she?"

"I'm his wife!"

You look down at the golden ring on her manicured finger. "Victor?" You growl.

"Y/n, you don't understand,"

"I think I do!" Grabbing your purse, the woman who had just arrived looked close to tears. "This is over, asshole," when you slammed the front door shut, you heard yelling and screaming from the other side.

~~~

"The audacity!" Tossing your purse to the side, the avengers who were enjoying lunch jump in fright. Right away, you look through the cabinets in the kitchen, grabbing different ingredients.

"What happened?"

"He was married!" You shrill.

"Married?" Thor booms in confusion.

"Married! And gods she was gorgeous! I can't believe I was the other woman!" grabbing your purse again you take out a photo of him and storm to your room.

"She's going to hex him," Wanda sighs as Loki stands up to follow you.

~~~

"Hexing will do no good," the trickster mumbles, leaning on your door frame.

"I thought you were one for Hexes," craving Victor into the black candle, Loki takes the knife out of your hand. "Hey!"

"He is a sorcerer as well, he will have protection from hexes," Loki kneels down beside you on the bed, wiping away a stray tear.

"He was married this entire time..." a sniffle leaves you as Loki takes away the candle and other items, pushing them across your desk. "I feel so stupid!"

"Enchantress, listen," Loki takes your hands in his and clutches them tight, circling his thumb against your knuckles.

"What?" You scowl.

"He was an oaf of a suitor, he earned your affection and treated it like trash when it should be valued more than diamonds!" It seemed in this moment his eyes shone brighter with sincerity. A soft glow that most were never met with--though if only you knew the rarity of such a look--except his mother, Queen Frigga.

"You mean it?"

"Every word," With a single movement you pushed yourself into his arms, wrapping the tight as if letting go would cause more suffering.

"Thank you, Loki,"

"You're very welcome, Y/n,"

~~~

What's not to get excited about this holiday? Or most for that matter! Halloween was a time for everyone to dress up, be free, be themselves and you cherished that tradition every year.

You had opted to take Loki décor shopping. He enjoyed it quite a bit, visiting Mama Delphine as he was in need of Mugwort-- his dreams becoming a bit sour for his taste of the late-- which you weren't against as you needed to gift Lydia a book you had been meaning to lend her.

From the cobwebs to candy, Loki marveled at the trickster side of the holiday, though misunderstanding why when asked 'trick or treat' one was always given a treat.

Of course, lest not forget the main reason for the décor! Tony was to hold a party every year, mainly to spite Cap who had a distaste for the deindividuation the costumes caused.

Though you had neverminded the tacky costumes, you were unnerved by the sheer lack of fabric a few chose as a costume.

Classy as usual, you gave it your best to go as something elegant. Something refined and a good reference to some sort of pop culture Peter had opted to share with you that year. It wasn't difficult for you to follow the trends but alas you always seemed to focus on your magic.

Peter decided this year he wanted to honour the Disney renaissance era by dressing up as Hercules.

Obviously he begged for you to be Hades, and who could deny those pestering puppy dog eyes?

Then this is what brought the two of you to this moment. Figuring out costumes, something that wouldn't be tacky.

Stark offered getting a professional to make the costumes as he did with his, but you both denied saying the constructing aspect was part of the fun.

With that done, it left you to figure out a way to stun every single person in the room.

And how else could that be done without your trusty grimoire of old tricks and schemes you played out centuries ago?

By landing on the perfect incantation it seemed this year would be the best one yet... but you couldn't help but wonder what Loki would dress up as.

A small thought. A whim of one, if you will. But it seemed that god just never left your thoughts!

After that moment of assurance of worth and idiocy on the side of Victor, he continued to dig a deeper hole right into the centre of your heart.

By god's were you not going to stop him!

~~~

It is 1:33 AM and I just wrote that last part for this chapter like Pietro!

- Anna ❤️