Chapter 28 - Pamper

New years, who else but Tony to hold a gala? Given a few days it seemed Tony had taken up the self assigned role of outfit approver.

Though he didn't quite fight Natasha's choice, rather only you more than Wanda. Apparently you should wear green and not red or blue. So there you were, headed out the store with your concealed dress as the boys looked up from the claw machine in the mall outside the store.

"Time for your suits," Wanda quips, before tossing the dresses to Thor and dragging you and Nat towards the salon. "We need pampering!"

~~~

"I'm going to take someone's eyes out with these!... or blind them..." tipping your nails around in the light, the gold shine tipped at the almond tips.

"You're lucky you didn't get stilettos like me," Nat playfully clawed at the air in front of you. "The boys should be done,"

"We are," the rest turned up in the salon with their suits held tight.

"Good because we have one more stop,"

~~~

"The spa?" Sam shivers at the thought.

"Not bad, ladies," Tony sorted everything out you were all treated to a drink on the house. Soon, all led separate ways for the treatment.

With your arms supporting your head, you leant it to the side feeling the session start. "So, what's with you and Loki?" You snap open your previously closed eye to see Wanda grinning at you from across.

"We're friends,"

"Mhm... well, friends don't look at each other like that," Nat coos from beside you.

"My love life isn't a mission, you can't interrogate me like a target," You defend before facing the floor through the cushioned hole. The pressure against your back soothed out the tensed muscles, each knot untying like heaven.

Though hell seemed to knock at the gates. "Other room was full," Tony, Clint, Thor and Peter walk in.

"Join us," you sigh as a certain pain was undone.

"What's the gossip, girls?"

"Y/n refuses to admit she has a crush on Loki," Nat informs as an irritated groan escapes you.

"Will you stop? I don't have a crush on him," snapping your eyes up you meet Thor's suggestive looks. "Don't you start,"

"I'm not starting anything," You watched as the woman mounted a stool to even her playing field with Thor's back. "But even I can see it,"

"Shut up," looking away from the sight of the woman struggling to massage Thor's back, you faced the ground hearing a whisper. "Stop trying to look into my head, Wanda,"

"I am not!" her lie was so obvious you could almost feel the pain Loki would feel if he heard her. "Ok, maybe I am,"

"Then stop, it won't work... there's also nothing to see,"

"Wouldn't need to see, it's blatantly obvious," Clint sighs in relief at his disappearing back pain.

"Whatever, dad," with your face back down, you soon tensed up.

"You call me dad but you want to call him daddy,"

"CLINT!" You shriek. With a single flick of your finger the archer was sent flying across the room. "I will do much worse!" The woman tasked with Clint stared in shock, but nodded silently at your apology.

"Damn, woman," Clint groans before getting up and limping back to his designated bed.

~~~

Slipping into your outfit, you admired the matching gold belt and your hair done for the gods. Mama had allowed Lydia to come along, though Mama chose not to accompany for the fact she had a very special warlock visiting.

"Lydia, you look gorgeous!" you fix the flower clip in her braid once out the bathroom. Wanda and Nat smiled as they fixed on their heels.

"Thanks, Y/n," she giggles before taking your hand and dragging you out to the hall. "Can we please go now?"

"Yes, yes," you stand back up straight as the boys turn to you, all in suits. "Hey-" You catch your tongue when you look at Loki. He had always worn a suit... but he seemed to have an extra glow, radiance tonight. "Hi..."

"Y/n," It seemed cat had got his too. "You look wonderfully- I mean wonderful, I mean you look more than that but I didn't mean wonderfully because that's not a word-" He blabbered on as you blushed as crimson as his Jotun eyes.

"Thanks... you look wonderfully too," you tease.

"Alright, the limo is waiting, let's do this thing,"

Loki walked to Lydia's side and took her hand as she held your other. "Now, tonight there will be a few others about your age, I expect you cause no trouble," He looks down tot he girl who rolls her eyes.

"As the trickster I thought you'd approve," she grumbles.

"I approve to tricks but I would rather not you be the centre of blame," Loki squeezed her small hand in his. "Understood, Lydia?"

"Gods, you act like my dad,"

"Well, he's not here to watch over your antics so I will," his eyes met your soft ones, a spark zapping between the shared moment.

"He's right, there will be a few journalists and I don't want you to be on the front cover," warning her lightly, she sits in Loki's lap inside the limo, her tulle dress puffing up over your silk one.

~~~

There will be a little twist next chapter ;)

- Anna ❤️