Chapter Eleven

Cascade woke up with an unmistakable emotion settling within the pit of her stomach- relief. Quickly sitting up from her laying position, the lass immediately sought to survey the place that she was currently in, only to gape at the sight of stonewalls and floras scattering throughout the vicinity.

"Finally awake?",

She snapped her head towards the direction of the voice, eyes both trembling as they widened at the sight of a familiar man, which prompted her to stand up and immediately tackle the person in a huge crushing hug. Tears welled in her jewels, blurring her vision as she clutched her hands on his clothes more tightly, as if afraid to let go and loose him in the process of doing so.

"K-Kaeya I- What are you doing here?", She asked, while her lips quivered to prevent the sobs from escaping her mouth- though, it was futile, for the moment Kaeya Alberich returned her embrace, she began to cry in a mess. Her sobs filled the place, sniffling and burrying her head more on his chest. Just for a moment, she forgot her duties as an archon, but instead became the girl that she was years ago, fragile and as delicate as glass.

"Shouldn't I be the one to ask you that? What are you doing here?", Kaeya quoted the 'you', emphasizing it with such hardness and seriousness in his tone. This made her silent, contemplating on whether to tell her brother everything or leave her intentions unknown to the man.

"There are things better left unknown", she finally replied, detaching herself from the Cavalry Captain of Mondstadt's Ordo Favonious. Cascade frantically wiped her eyes with the remaining sleeves of her tattered up dress, before eyeing the blunette with such curiosity. "How did you know that I'm here? Where am I? What happened?",

"Hold your horses little sis-",

"Don't call me that",

Kaeya chuckled, sighing inwardly afterwards. The atmosphere turned frigid, and tension was arising. Cascade scrunched her brows at him, giving him the stare that the Cavalry Captain also mimicked. They stood there, a meter apart. Everything was still and unmoving, even the cool winds were also absent. It was solely them: Kaeya, Cascade, the plants, and the stonewalls. Well, that was until a sudden loud explosion was heard from the distance, which alarmed the two to stand in a battle stance.

Her catalyst was already out, hands both clasped behind her back, if anyone would've walked in such posture, they would assume that she is just plainly reading her floating book, but no- that's how her stance work. Cascade was well ready to cast her elemental burst, when she was suddenly engulfed in a really crushing hug. She choked, face turning white at the lack of air, as she tugged on whatever piece of clothing that the hugger owns to alert them that she is suffocating.

Faint laughter was then heard, and it was noticably Kaeya's. That moron, he must've planned this all along- she thought. Her soul was ready to leave her body, the moment she got released, and it made her stumble back and fall on her rear while gasping for air.

"What a very fated reunion!", The perpetrator exclaimed, clapping her hands in glee. Cascade could only stare at her, dumbfounded. Of course, the blonde hair and explosives gave it away. The young archon sighed, shaking her head in disdain."How have you been Cassidy?",

"It's Cascade not Cassidy. . .", She replied, mumbling something incoherent afterwards. The lady offered her hand, and she took it gladly, but Cascade still refuses to meet Alice's own gaze. For some reason, she just can't. "Anyways, what are you two doing here? And where are we?",

"Someone sent me a letter, stating that they held a certain someone in captive", Kaeya nonchalantly replied, as he sauntered towards both females. He crossed his arms, as he glared at the ground. "I immediately went to search for you, and conveniently met Alice along the way",