Chapter Forty-Three

A series of clashes, various hues blasting on every  direction— azure, amethyst, gold, fiery red, chartreuse, all elements possible have coated the entire vicinity. Gasps, pants, laboured breathing is also heard, following after were explosions and crumbling as one another used their vision to either protect and harm.

"Avoid Cascade's burst at any cost!", Diluc exclaimed, reminding his companions as another shot of chartreuse came blasting towards the traveller's direction, prompting the amber eyed boy to jump out of the way, stumbling backwards when he lost his balance. 

Fortunately enough, Albedo was near enough to steady him back on his stance, rewarding Aether a nod before focusing his teal-gaze back on his opponent, which now happens to be the eleventh, Tartaglia. It was infuriating to be the aforementioned lad's foe— seeing as he's too much of an egoistic self, mocking them as if they haven't inflicted any damage on him.

When in fact, Albedo had managed to give him a huge gash on the side, currently oozing thick maroon liquid that stained the Harbinger's attire. Although he doesn't even look any better, the alchemist himself have also attained quite deep cuts all over his body, his clothes like the others, torn from battle.

"This is quite tough. Nothing near my observations and expectations", he mumbled to himself, falling on one knee whilst letting his rapier bury on the ground, using it as a pillar. His stamina is draining and he knew.

Albedo knew that he wouldn't last any longer.

"They haven't used their delusions yet. . .and we're loosing", Aether stated low, falling behind Albedo's kneeled form. The two of them made a glance towards the former and current Captains of the Ordo, finding them exhausted as much as they were.

Suddenly, a blast of green flashed forth, aiming at them— and the alchemist reacted late. He fell down, unmoving and unaware of his surroundings.
Unbeknownst to him, and to Paimon's horror— strings were attached on him.

"Albedo!", The mascot exclaimed rushing to his side, frantic as she tried to shook him back awake like she did to his lover. Though, he was unresponsive in simile to Cascade's minutes ago.

"Albedo. . .".

Black. It was all black and nothing.

"Do you really love me?".

He grunted, choking down a groan as he slowly regained his vision. Fluttering open, teal orbs were greeted with an odd sight. In contrast to the void earlier, this time everything was blinding white. Too much bright that it hurt his eyes.

"Do you?".

That voice.

He recognized that.

Jolting up from his laid state, he sat up straight— head turning left and right in search of the person. He gripped the hem of his coat, knuckles turning white yet hidden with his gloves. His breathing went rapid. Heart clenching at the idea of probably seeing her.

"Albedo? Do you. . .love me?".

There it was again.

Faint sobs then reached his ears, sniffling and silent cries. It gave him goosebumps, yet he still tried his best to locate its whereabouts.

"Answer me!".

The alchemist froze on the spot, heaving as he finally found the direction of the voice. Slowly yet surely, he turned his head back— shifting on his seated position while letting his gaze land on a heap of noticeable platinum hair, travelling down until he stopped when vibrant emerald clashed  with calm aquamarine.

There she was.

Gazing at him with her doe-like orbs glazed in tears, in her hands was a paper— angled only for her to see. Her lips were trembling, forcing back a sob that made her choke. Cuts, bruises and wounds littered her form, and a huge deep gash from her abdomen was emitting red lustrous blood.

It made him scramble on his feet, running towards her in haste to wrap his arms around her weak form. He didn't hesitate to envelope her in warmth, patting her head while whispering sweet nothings on her ear.

He had longed for this moment to happen. He really did.

"Do you love me?", She asked again. Her body quivering in what seems to be disappointment, dismay, and anger fused together. Her attention was still on the crumpled paper clutched between her hands, watching it with pained mournful eyes.

"Of course. I love you so much and beyond".

"Then what is this?", She inquired, gently shoving the away the alchemist, as she handed him the paper.

He took it with confusion and hesitation, giving her and odd look as he watched her refuse to meet his line of sight. This made him frown, his brows contorting. Although, as per request he eventually did divert his attention from her, and on the piece of paper that had his blood in boiling on point.

It was a photo, him and Sucrose nonetheless. . . Married.

What bullshit!

Horrendously gross.

No marriage happened.

He was busy off going after obstacles and another to reach her with the aid of Aether! This is not true, absolutely debunked, certainly outrageous. In furry, Albedo teared it into tiny pieces, discarding it on the side, before approaching the lass with love adorned teal optics.

"Who gave you that?", He questioned calm, however deep down he is mad, practically seeing red.

"The Balladeer".

"And you believed so?".

"It has been so long. For one he might be telling the truth. I have no access on the outside. They sealed me completely off. It is a miracle that you managed to break in", Cascade whispered defeated. Fresh injuries then appeared on her skin once again, alerting the alchemist which made him cuss. Her body must've been hit or used as a shield by that damned puppeteer.

"I love you. Not Sucrose, no other. Just you", Albedo pressed, firmly holding her cheeks, letting his thumb caress it with adoration and care.

"You're the only one. You. Just Cascade Ragnvindr", he added.

"Are you telling the truth?", Cascade questioned.

"Why are you questioning my love for you?", He countered back, frustratingly sighing. The chief alchemist inhaled a huge some of air, releasing it slowly alongside his pent up frustration.

That bastard of a man.

He couldn't wait to strangle that so called sixth till his amethyst eyes bulged out from its socket.

"Listen", He muttered. "Eversince we met and were introduced, my eyes had already been on you alone. I was foolish enough to treat you horrible, for I am scared. I wasn't well-versed with my emotions, nor am I a prodigy in controlling it. I'm all over the place",  he explained, hiding away his teal optics behind his now closed eyelids.

"Though one thing for sure. I love you. I always do. Always will. I just failed to show it to you before. . . So please, give me yet another chance to show it. To prove to you that I love you so much".

Finishing his statement, Albedo didn't thought twice and crashed his lips on her, making her eyes wide in surprise. It was intense, passionate, as if he was pouring every single thing that he hadn't shown her, that he failed to do in the past. A compensation.

She gasped, a squeak following after his tongue suddenly entered hers, clashing with her own— before ceasing, parting their lips with a thin trail of mixed saliva connecting their mouths.

"Do you believe me now?", He asked, panting for air.

Cascade stared at him for a while, her gaze jumping from his eyes and down to her lap and vise versa. She love him. She still did. She will always do.

And as an answer to his recent question, she leaned forward, once again clashing her lips with his own.

Her response.