Chapter Thirty

"The Truth. . .always has its endless treks",

Three weeks have passed, and as much as the young lady of the winery is delighted to once again set foot on bristling green grass- she deemed that finding the Chief Alchemist is much more important as of the moment. The fact that she wants to spend the day with hem, and dreadfully reveal the wickedness of magic that currently clouds the Kreideprinz' mind.

Treading throughout the signature stone grounds of Mondstadt's heart, the lass sought for the familiar patch of silky soft ash-blonde hair that she'd grew to love, whilst greeting some denizens who approached her at first glance. Reaching the shop that Timaeus looks after, she was quite surprised to witness how it was neatly cleaned and closed. It's strange. Cascade knew that the shop is always open. Are they really that busy for them to halt the business for the day? Seems like so. However, she needs the Chalk Prince and time is already running fast, she wasted so much in her watch now.

She turned right away, heels reaching the grounds with a click each step that she made. The headquarters of the knights. . .as much as she didn't want to set foot in the establishment, Cascade had no other choice but to do so. One day. . .one day is only left before she'd had to depart.

"Miss Cascade, I presume that you are looking for the Captain of the Investigation Team?", Huffman- if she remembers right- stood right beside the huge double doors, rewarding her a salute type of recognition before stepping back. Cascade nodded in retrospect, sighing as she began to rub her temples.

"Yes. I am looking for the Chief Alchemist. Is Albedo inside his personal office?", She asked, although her tone was grave as if already knowing the answer. Right. The way Huffman spoke with uncertainty made her guess the situation.

"I'm afraid young miss. But Captain Albedo is currently out doing an investigation with Captain Eula and Captain Kaeya", the knight replied in worry and anxiety, seeing as the lass is now obviously frustrated about something, which he wouldn't want to pry further, considering her image in Mondstadt and it's people. Albeit not a part of the Ordo Favonious, all knights addressed her and her brother alike that of Acting Grandmaster Jean Gunnhilder- with high regard and respect.

"Now of all times", she muttered obviously loud enough for him to hear. Cascade sighed in both agitation and relief, keeping eye on the pocket watch that laid dangling on her side. As minutes passed by, more and more items, people, nature, started to vanish and it won't take long for them to wake up and face the harshness of reality. At the same time, as much as she loathed to claim it- she'll have to disappear too, concerning that. . . "I'll be heading off. Please send word to me right away if he arrives",

"Duly noted, Miss!",

Afternoon came by, and just as expected- sparkles of green started to emit from her surroundings, and her body was no exception. Her chartreuse greens stared on her hands- seeing as it slowly turned into transparency upon closer view. This had her sighing for the umpteenth time that hour, choosing to bury her head on the valley between her knees as she waited and waited for the alchemist to come by.

She could've just teleported to their location, but it was currently not of use- considering that her prowess are likely on it's lowest possible condition and is still draining within seconds. Cascade couldn't hold any longer, and her fears surfaced. She is afraid to leave without telling him how she loves him so much. As if some high entity considerately listened to her, the grasses surrounding Windrise shuffled and scrunched paired with the faint sound of footsteps that prompted her to glance up, eyes lighting at the sight of the known alchemist throughout Teyvat.

"Albedo!", She exclaimed, lounging herself on the alchemist who immediately caught her in his arms, lifting her up in a spin, before placing her down on the grassy grounds, as he connected their foreheads in an endearing manner. "I've been looking for you",