Chapter Thirty-One

Chartreuse optics shone in disbelief, heart teared into two sheets as she watched the brutal onslaught of the dragon, who continued to rage over the Land of Freedom. Her breathing came erratic, chest tightened while she ran and searched for the God of Anemo- only to be greeted by the looming figure of Barbatos' greatest nemesis. Path blocked and wings spread wide, preventing her from venturing further.

"Durin. . .", She mumbled, readying her catalyst that now floated beside her, as she stared up at the evil entity with such hatred. After assigning her loyal servant to protect Sumeru, the archon wasted no minute in teleporting to Mondstadt- after having the same pleading dream of a boy in need of help for who knows how much, Cascade suddenly felt the urge to traverse in Mond with her heart-eating anxiety.

Something dreadful is going on, and she had spot-on confirmed it upon seeing the cloud of smoke and dust, the reddened ambiance, and the sinister roar that all came from Mond, which leads her to this current situation, wherein the lass was facing the dragon that brought nothing but plague and darkness. "How. . .How in the name of all archons, were you revived!",

"By Albedo. . .he was revived by corrupting Albedo", Venti came appearing beside her, garbed in his godly clothing, all bruised and battered, as he stumbled forth. The archon of nature was then quick to catch him before his fall, cradling him on the ground while healing him at the same time.

Albedo. . .

That name. . .

Sounds familiar. . .

"Hang in there, Venti! I- I'll get to the root of this. . . I'll destroy whatever thing is causing this cha-",

"You can't", the Lord of wind abruptly cut her off, grabbing both her shoulders, whilst he bore his two toned optics on her very own, shaking his head as he said so. "Even if you wanted to. . .if you see him. You won't have the strength to destroy!",

"Ah. . .is she the one whom he has been talking about?",

The two gods immediately darted their heads towards the evil being who mocked and laughed at them. Enraged by this, the Dendro Archon came launching a strong gust of green that would've been able to knock out the dragon, had it not been for the sudden backlash that she had received from someone. She gasped, quick to teleport both Venti and her from a bit farther distance, panting for air as she felt a wound forming on her back.

"He has arrived. I see. . . That is quite a remarkable mark he had left on you",

"Watch out!!", Venti exclaimed, alerting her of the incoming attack, but this time- the lass wasn't able to block it and instead was sent flying back only to crash on a wall. Barbatos could only grunt and cough, too battered to even move a muscle, eyes focused on the cloud of smoke wherein the current archon of dendro landed on.

However, it wasn't long before the smoke dissipated, followed by another light of lime that came rushing in speed towards the perpetrator, bounding him in strong neon green vines that sprouted from the crumbled stone grounds. Cascade then appeared afterwards, hand clutching the wound on her left shoulder with blood gushing from her gasping mouth and forehead.

"You need to evacuate, Venti. . .G-go", She choked, spitting out the metal blood that clogged her mouth, sending yet again another surge of elemental power to bind the suspect, when she noticed how the other vines were slowly breaking from their tight hold. At this point, her bind wouldn't last longer.

Footsteps of different sorts were then heard from the distance, revealing the vision-weilders of Mondstadt along with the knights that secures the city from havoc. Albeit, Cascade couldn't help but notice the lesser amount of soldiers, and she made a hunch that most numbers were probably stationed to protect the denizens.