Chapter Thirty-Eight

"Chances. . .there were a lot, but I merely wasted those. The thirst and greed for knowledge. . .became my worst foe, and is the one who brought me my own demise",

Hazed chartreuse optics stared at a piece of cecilia that glowed dull in her wake. Once pristine white petals, now vague of it's original hue- as the bearer herself, succumbed deeper into oblivion and despair. Right, gods don't die- they go mad whilst time passed by. And that's what exactly is currently happening to her to this very moment.

"Foolish. . . really foolish. I'm dumb. A failure",

Dark energy seemed to eat her whole, gushes of Dendro slowly vanished turning into obsidian mist that surrounds her petite silhouette. Ragged breathing, chest pounding, head aching, just a little more and she'll finally be doomed for eternity. Hope. . . there's no such things as hope, now that her location was enchanted with magical elements preventing anywho to enter- made her helpless enough.

No one.

No one would come for her.

No one would save her.

She's alone.

All alone.

The gods. They were sure mocking her right now. Seeing as their prideful nemesis have gone into mental turmoil, questioning, blaming herself for causing havoc during her existence. She maniacally laughed, ruffling her already tangled locks whilst she stared, downing herself in deep crazily painful dark thoughts. Too much. It was too much- the whispers, the cries, the pleas. . .she isn't a yaksha, but why?

Why does she have to experience the same?

"Get a grip of yourself, Cascade. . . please. get a grip of yourself. Someone will come. Someone will save you", the rational side of her, surfaced, pushing aside the negativity that continued to munch her poor sanity. Her breathing started to calm down, however, it was followed by faint whimpers that turned into sobs. Chartreuse greens glowed back to its original color, but tears made it more crystalline.

"He will save you. . ."

Droplets of water flowed down her cheeks, soaking her sleeves whilst she furiously wiped them away, but it kept on falling, alike that of an unending current from the waterfalls.

Days became weeks, weeks became months, months turned into a year, yet nothing. Nothing came in to take her, to help her, to release her from solitary agony. No one. Not even a single soul. Her hope was totally crushed into powdery pieces, heart broken into sharp edges. She was in despair, and it's made visible by her appearance. Bags adorned the lower portion of her eyes that had now transformed into pitch black nothingness.

She was no longer herself.

She was lost.

She lost.

It was yet another day like any other, but somehow- it felt different. Really different from the rest, yet she couldn't place a finger on it. She sat on her usual seat, underneath the white-whilting tree surrounded by dilated water, dead lotus flowers and lily pads. Her hair stuck into different places, sleeves now torn revealing her porcelain tattered scratched skin with a few dried blood coating it. There were no tears left to shed, she was but an empty hallowed shell.

Cascade felt nothing, she was numb to everything, even the tiniest non-original wind couldn't caress her alike that of before. It was all silence, not even her breaths can be heard. It was quite better this way, at least the voices weren't there to laugh and mock her with fake sympathy. She preferred it this way. However, it wasn't long until the sound of crackling lighting reached her ears, the door to her boundary opening by force and brute strength, to which she responded with a blink. A mere blink.