Chapter Fifteen

"The weather is pretty cool today. Why don't you join me for a. . .walk", the alchemist trailed off at the sight of the platinum haired female who had her eyes on a book, small bags forming underneath those jeweled chartreuse orbs, as she read a passage before turning to face the known Kreideprinz of Mondstadt.

"C-Chief Alchemist! I- pardon, I didn't quite got a hold of your statement. Would you restate that again, please?", A yawn made its way from Cascade's lips, followed by a stack of books cluttering on the floor, which she accidentally nudged when she went to lean on the side. She was basically really sleepy, spending day and night in the library without eating and only taking a nap within minutes before reading again.

Albedo sighed at her current state, as he bent down to take a book that slid near his feet. He then proceeded to pile them up again on the table, saving the lass from cleaning the mess that she had just recently made. "You should really rest. Exhaustion is evident on your face",

"I just need to read this book, and then that, and that, that also, add the one near that your carrying. All of them", she pointed out, reaching the cup that was once filled with caffeine. Though, much to her dismay, the contents were long gone, probably consumed by her a few minutes before the chalk prince made his entrance. "I can handle myself",

"What I heard is true then? That you've cooped yourself within these walls and stubbornly neglecting their pleas, even Diluc's?", He asked, brows raised in irritation. For once, he didn't know that she is one of those workaholics, even surpassing the Acting Grandmaster Jean, herself. "You're so pale, so thin",

"I've always been thin",

"Not that thin", he emphasized, gently taking a hold of her hands, as he led her to stand, steadying her quickly when she stumbled back. "Let's go. I'll bring you to the Winery",

"Albedo. . .please. I need to finish reading this all. It's im. . .portant", Cascade practically slurred at the end, whilst she observed the ash-blonde lad with half-lidded sleepy eyes. A yawn was once again heard, and the sound of clothes shuffling, that made Albedo sigh once again.

"What's so important about reading? For archons sake! Come on,let's go", He frustratedly grumbled, as he gently pulled the lass to follow him, however she stood grounded on the ground, heels preventing any movement while she sighed in aggravation, to which fueled something within the alchemist.

"Reading for me is as important as your constant research in alchemy, Albedo", she stated, slipping her hands away from the grasps of the known Kreideprinz of Mondstadt. Cascade then rewarded him a wry smile, before taking another book from the shelf that caught her attention.

However, sudden shockwaves of invisible electricity once again surged within her, prompting her to drop the book on the ground, whilst she held on the shelf to steady herself. Her teeth grazed with one another, as she gritted them in pain, chartreuse orbs glaring dangerously on the ground before closing. There is it again, the sudden pain that would shoot her whole head, though this time, it wasn't just her head, but her whole body instead.

This is one of the factors why she refrained herself from sleeping too much. She had concluded a few days ago, that if she'd rest, the pain would constantly visit her, not only that, but as well as the nightmares of her dying or getting murdered with a sinister aura looming over her. Since then, she made the decision to deprive herself from sleep, lest she wants those horrendous things to come back.

She was doing well, since then. Caffeine, books and knowledge had been her company throughout the time. Cascade had probably made Lisa's library her own domain, by staying there during dusk till dawn and so on. The librarian had already tried to kick her out one time, but being a stubborn lass she is, her nagging didn't even budged her.