Chapter Nineteen

Cascade Ragnvindr found herself underneath the giant tree that stood with all it's glory in Windrise. Gaze focused none on it's leaves nor branches, but the grasses below her. Hands both entwined together, whilst her lips were pursed yet still emitted a tune that randomly entered her mind. She is waiting for him. Waiting for the bard who lived for centuries long.

The sun was setting, and it'd be quite a lovely place where romance would surely bloom, but no- there will be no love this time. None, because she is solely here for queries that Barbatos may be able to answer. Venessa's symbolism before she ascended to Celestia was a trademark place wherein the bard would be mostly found. If not, then other options might come in handy, such as asking Dvalin, going to Angel's Share, or going throughout Mondstadt closed walls in search of the apple maniac. But instead, her senses brought her here, under this humongous tree that lived more many years yet never wilted still.

Venessa deserved it though. She freed the old Mondstadt from that tyrant, and the city gained it's freedom once again due to her bravery. She was and will always be Mondstadt's hero. In fact, Cascade knew that to this very day, the lady who established the Ordo, is still keeping a good eye to the people whom she had once and will still watched over- in a form of a falcon whom both Ragnvindr siblings took care off. How'd Cascade knew? Well, she's the archon of Dendro. Of course, she'll know in an instance.

"My fair lady standing beneath Venessa's tree. What brings you here that this bard might be of help with thee?", There he was. The archon of Anemo, whose gnosis was forcefully taken by that harbinger, eight of the eleven, the fair lady, La Signora. It's quite surprising really, for that ice queen wannabe was supposed to be weaker in comparison to a god. Venti is a supreme being, he should have been able to defend himself, but the roles were flipped violently.

Right, the power of an archon depends on how the being ruled over their nation. It was understandable, concerning that Cascade too- gave her people the liberty to roam around freely, only to visit Sumeru every once in a while to bestow her wisdom, and disappear back to Mondstadt and play the game of pretend, as Diluc Ragnvindr's youngest sibling, which is a fact and not a bluff. The only thing that differs her from her previous sickly self was that, she now holds a gnosis that archons were only given.

"One is glad to see you here. Might this fair maiden inquire you of some questions? For she is afraid that her time is nearing fast", The wind blew a bit harshly, and his strumming halted at the half questioning statement that her mouth had just released. Two times eye color now staring with gloom, towards the person who now stood underneath the looming tree with the moon shining past it's leaves. Night time came by so fast, as well as her statement that he was not hoping to hear.

"Cade. . .",

"Venti. . .",

They stared at each other, both sharing the same forlorn emotions through their orbs as they gazed at one another. It was silent, and they might as well be deaf by its strength. Not even the faint howls of the wind were hearable, nor even the rustles of the grasses and leaves that surrounded them. Nothing was heard. Both of them continued to watch over another, well- that was until Cascade suddenly collapsed on her knees, with her body weakening by each second that passes down.

Venti immediately rushed to hold her, albeit he was too late to catch her, at least he was there to hug her and let her feel the embrace that heals her even if it's only for temporary. The ground beneath them two glowed, with old encryptions and the emblem of anemo circling around their silhouettes under the dark canvass filled with splatters of white. She held into him tightly, heaving as she closed her eyes, and just as the bard feared- her vision was glowing abnormally and is obviously cracked way too much than the last time he saw it.