Chapter Sixteen

The next hours was spent by laying down on the bed and napping, much to Cascade's disapproval. Chief Alchemist Albedo, insisted on letting her rest for the whole day without touching any single thing or book. He was so strict that the youngest Ragnvindr would often give him a pout when he's not looking, and even cast down some vines that would end up with him tripping and glaring at her.

Aether and Paimon have left just a few moments ago, claiming that they were tasked to do some commissions from a bunch of people in Mondstadt. Cascade was quick to see their lies though. The traveller and his companion, just wanted to give her and the alchemist some time alone.

"Can I at least, read a book? Just a book?", She whined, staring boringly on the ceiling, observing the many intricate designs of flowers and leaves that are carved just for her, before focusing her attention on Albedo who is watching her every single movement. "Please. Just one book", she pleaded, giving him her famous puppy eyes, that would certainly melt anyone who would cross such gaze.

"No", it was curt and simple, but the emphasis was there. This made her groan, slumping back on her bed, whilst covering her whole body with the comforter, turning away from the direction of the Kreideprinz, who only watched her with amusement. She is sulking, definitely. He knew it because the ambiance around her turned gloomy.

"What am I suppose to do then?", Cascade asked.

"Sleep. Rest",

"Then sing",

Albedo scrunched his brows at this, folding his arms as he leaned a little towards her figure who is currently facing the other direction. However, Cascade then faced him, boredom evident on her expression face. "Sing me to sleep, Albie",

"W-what?!",

He became a blushing mess. Cheeks flaring in a huge of red, as he scrambled to stand, almost stumbling down if not for Cascade sat up in reflex to take an immediate grip on his white coat, using the ounce of strength that she had saved during her times of rest, the young lady didn't expected for the alchemist to be really heavy. She sighed with her eyes closed, before settling down on the bed, pulling up the comforter till it reached her neck before humming a melody, one that Venti made just for her.

The room was then filled with her harmonic voice, soft and airy as it seem whilst she let the god of slumber hear her pleas to gift her a very good dream. Her faint singing started to wane, slowly turning into mellow breaths from the lass who had now fallen asleep. This prompted Albedo to sigh, yet smiling afterwards as he once again fixed the comforter around her sleeping form. Leaning down to kiss her forehead and caress her cheeks, before walking out of the room quietly.

It wasn't long when she began to sweat, her once soft breathing turning erratic by each second. Her knuckles turned white as she kept on a tight grip on her comforter, whilst her brows creased to that of pain, before she opened her eyes and once again sat up from the bed, gently massaging the crown of her head, bearing the sudden shocks of electricity and ache throughout her body.

A sudden sound of something cracking had then caught her attention, prompting her to whip her head towards the direction of the source. There she saw her own vision, glowing rather ominously with traces of green whirling around the said object. Soon after that, she felt a bubbling feeling within her, and before she knew it, she was coughing with blood.

The traveller who just came back from wherever he was to begin with, walked in such sight, leading him to run towards the lass and aid her for the time being. He rubbed smooth strokes behind her, ordering Paimon to fetch a glass of water from the table nearby, to which the fairy agreed and took action on.

"I-Its getting worst. I won't be a-able to last for l-long", Cascade stuttered, wiping away the crimson fluid that dripped down on both sides of her mouth, shakily accepting the glass that Paimon just handed.