An Alternate Ending

Albedo was an acolyte of those who bore witness to the harshness of destiny. Born he was by an experiment to quench greedy thirst, with a sole purpose of creating life  with his fingertips.

His master left him to fend on his own, and in the arms of an elf did he first felt home. Introduced in Mondstadt as a genius in alchemy— and there he draw a first start.

A blanket of neverending blue, pouffy cottons of varying shapes adorning the serene hue. It was such a nice day outside, calm and devoid of nuisances.

How many years had seem to pass, one. . .two? Yet the City of Wind still stood in all its glory even if it went under reconstruction.

It's still the same. 

Everything is still the same.

Or is it?

Dating back when he first stepped foot on the cobbled grounds, curious and observative— glimmering teals searching every crevice of detail to satisfy his overly inquisitive heart for knowledge regarding the newly profound area (to him).

And delighted was he to have seen lots of interesting objects, ranging from porcelain cups and vases filled with flowers, the scenery that uniquely differ in angles— basically  everything so beautiful in his eyes that he would ought to sketch in his small pad.

He did.

Albedo eventually did.

Day  by  day, night by night. It'd be no surprise for the townsfolk to figure out a silhouette of a boy, messy ash locks, small in stature, book and pencil in hand, teal optics busy with focus on each stroke he performed.

He was having fun for the very first time. And he didn't want for it to end.

"Will you stay here for a while, Albedo? I have to go in that store." Uttered Alice, the elf who adopted him as basically her own.

Her index pointed towards a shop near the fountain, wherein the chalk prince was seated on one of the benches surrounding the place.

"I'll be quick, alright?".

For one, he didn't mind being left. It wasn't too hard to cope with such, seeing as he experienced something similar first-hand when his master left him.

Though this time, the only difference, was that his current guidance was going to return.

To fetch him back.

He sat there unfazed by the moving crowd as they did their ministrations. Seemingly non-caring of their lives— albeit deep within he was interested, eager to watch and observe them more.

Until his gaze landed on someone.

Someone he never knew he'll grow attached to.

And in the spur of the moment  he had himself unknowingly caught by her dazzling elegant grace— unaware that his hands started to scribble down her delicate visage.

"Papa, look. . .look!"

A smile subtle yet visible tugged his lips up, gaze soft and filled with care and love as he watched the small child bubble with glee and excitement; enamoured by the flock of pigeons that came raining down one by one on the pavement.