Chapter Eighteen

The laces that adorned her dress swayed and danced along with the gentle breeze, as she quietly treaded the path that would lead her to Venessa's tree in Windrise. It was already three days after the incident, and she just woke up from that long slumber. Apparently, she had heard from a few servants that it was the bard and the traveller who brought her back in the winery. She ought to thank them for that, but Aether and Paimon were no where to be found in Mondstadt, as well as Venti.

Hence, her current situation, where she tried her best to avoid any danger that might be lurking on the way. She would probably be too dumb to use her element, and it would be really risky. The ability that she currently wields were all drained, and forcing her own body wouldn't be a good idea. No more elemental skills for today and tomorrow. None until she's stable enough.

Although she was trying to avoid the zone of grave peril, the world of Teyvat has its own ways of granting ones wish. The moment her eyes met the tree thay stood with all it's glory, was also the exact same time where a group of slimes suddenly came and popped out of nowhere.

". . .", She stared at the amount of electro and cryo slimes that immediately noticed her presence, each of them bouncing as they raced for the victim that was no other than her, in this case. The world and its own odds indeed, and it was all to her disdain.

Cascade was left with no choice but to run, as fast as she could possibly be. Admittedly, she was quite a fair runner herself, but in terms of gliding? Let's just say that she wouldn't last long in the air. As her heels clacked and the enemies approached, the young lass made a sudden stop when she realized that she was heading towards a dead end. This had her cursing in no time, and it was unlike of her to do so.If only. . .If only she could use her elements with no contradictions.

Just then her golden curcuma circled around her, yelling 'mama!' again and again. Her eyes widened at this, panic itching and climbing up her veins. Her beloved pet seelie. It's been so long, since she last laid her eyes on the floating bunny-like orb. When was it again? Ah, yes, during the Dragonspine expedition that she hosted for herself, only to end up in a huge fail. Now she wondered, who is this person, who is kind enough to feed her seelie with green vegetables? If only she knew, then they'll be in for a gratifying reward.

"I'm happy to see you too. But let's just run for a bit, okay? Mama can't use her skills right now", She cooed in between breaths, panting as she turned to glance on her shoulder, before focusing ahead. After minutes that turned into hours of running, Cascade's feet started to grow tired. Her once sharp and swift movements, now turning sloppy with a bit of stumblinh, whilst she tried to lead the slimes away from Mondstadt and it's enormous walls.

Though, on the way- some hilichurls and mitachurls were also encountered that all followed the mob of chase, which made it a tag of one versus many. As if on cue, her foot got caught on a rock that made her trip and gasp. A faint shriek from her and her curcuma was then heard, followed by a small thump and an unknown sound of something that exploded and got sliced. This made her wince, eyes closed as she awaited the impact of both electro, cryo, and pyro from the enemies.

But no. None of those never came. Instead, she was more than surprised to hear her own seelie- squeal in delight. That was odd. She witnessed a bunch of slimes and churls that were all either running or hopping after her. And the moment she tripped and fell face flat on the ground, had her thinking that she's seriously fucked up.

"Are you alright? Don't worry, they are gone now", it was a male's voice, and it was a familiar one at that. Cascade swore that she had heard of that somewhat silky and cheery voice somewhere. This prompted her to open her eyes, neck craning to glance at the person who have eliminated all signs of evil that lurked and followed her for who knows how long.