all our trauma

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

summary:
reader and spencer have been dating for nearly a year, reader has managed to keep her past trauma a secret until spencer finds her in a saddened state.

tw: rape and death
_____________________________________
today was the worst day of every year. you dreaded the days before this one, knowing what was soon to come.

spencer had just left, going to run some errands on his day off, having a day off from the fbi was like a miracle so you cherished the extra time you had with him. been a prosecutor you didn't get to see spencer during the week until really late if he wasn't on a case, but the weekends were mandatory to have off, so that was a plus.

as soon as spencer left, you went to your shared bedroom, into the closet and picking up the old nike shoe box, holding your cherished old family albums from your child hood.

you opened the album, instantly seeing pictures of your brother. tears fell down your cheeks uncontrollably, remembering that horrible day.

you stared at the pictures of your whole family, including that monster who acted so innocent. who you trusted, who your brother trusted.

you must have lost track of time, because the next thing you know spencer came into your shared bedroom, smiling widely until he saw your upset and fragile state.

"hey, hey. baby what happened?" he asks, panick taking over his features.

"nothing, i'm just being silly. i'll be back" you say trying to get up and put the photo album away, however he pulls on your hand, pulling you into him, making you drop the photo album.

he looks down at the album, seeing a young boy standing next to a teenager y/n.

he holds you while you cry into his chest, waiting until you've calmed down to ask questions.

after a while you stop crying, backing away and reaching down to pick up the album, putting it back in the closet. you see spencer sitting on the bed, waiting for you. he pats the spot next to him, and wanting to comfort you more.

you know that he knows something is wrong, that he has questions.

"just ask" you state plainly.

"i will when you're ready" he tells you, smoothing down your hair.

you hesitate, planning to just tell him.