shopping addiction gone wrong

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

summary:
online shopping isn't bad... but spencer finally decided to confront his girlfriend about her addiction with online shopping...
_____________________________________

spencer's pov;
don't get me wrong, i love my girlfriend with all of my heart... but this shopping addiction is WAYYY out of hand, and i don't think she realises how bad it is.

everyday i come home i either
- come home before her and see at least 3 packages on our doorstep or,
- i come home to find her showing me the new things she received today.

i'm not saying shopping every now and then is bad, but she shops everyday.

as her boyfriend i have aright to be concerned for her health.

i think the only way to deal with it is to talk to her when i get home from work.

your pov;

you walk up the steps of the apartment complex and see 2 new packages! you're hoping it's your new book series and the gift you ordered for spencer.

you quickly pick them up and unlock the door, placing everything except the packages down. you set them down on the table and start to open them.

the first thing is the gift you ordered for spencer which finally came, and unfortunately it isn't your book series however it is a couple of those cool candles that when you melt them they have rings inside!

you start to burn the candles now, knowing they take a while to burn down.

just as you're about to start watching some tv, spencer walks with his satchel and another package that must've just came.

"hey! ooh, for me?" you ask as you take the package and open it, seeing this one is your new book series you're stoked to start reading.

"baby we need to talk" he says as he sits across from you.

'oh no, he's going to break up with me, he's going to break up with me!'

"if you're going to break up with me please just do it quick!" you exclaim, preparing for the worst.

"what? i'm not breaking up with you!" he quickly reassures me which makes me feels much better.

"oh thank god" i literally sigh a breathe of relief after he says that.

"but we do need to talk... don't get me wrong, i love you! so much beautiful, but this ordering stuff everyday and constant packages has to stop" he tells me.

"what? i don't order stuff everyday!" i try to defend myself, but the truth is, he's totally right. i literally ordered more things earlier today.

"yes you do. we share an amazon account babe" he tells me. shut i forgot we did.

"i-i can't help it! it's so addicting" i tell him.

he has to understand where i'm coming from, he's obsessed with statistics and books and i'm obsessed with online shopping!

"i know baby, i know. but here's what we can do. you can order a maximum of 6 things per week, no more. because i know you love everything you buy but... you're spending way too much money and i know you work hard for your money, but you want to save to travel the world right?" he asks me.

he has a point. we made plans a few months ago that we're going to save up and travel the world, or at least visit 8 countries and then save up again before going to more countries next year.

"fine! i guess i can try... to do it. i make no promises though. and if i become moody, it's on you! it's bad enough birth control makes me moody" i tell him.

i didn't want to have to bring up birth control, but since i got my IUD out and started taking birth control, i've been so much more agitated and i've snapped at spence so many times. he understands though. he even read the side effects himself and instantly went out to buy me some of my favourite things to make me feel better.

"i can handle a moody y/n. but what i can not handle is packages everyday" he tells me as he pulls me in a for a hug. i guess i probably shouldn't tell him about the gifts i ordered him...

"before i forget, i sort of brought you some stuff a few weeks ago and they finally arrived today" i tell him. he gives me that look that says 'really' but i know deep down he's excited to see what it is i got him.

"come on i'll show you!" i exclaim as i pull him up from the couch and lead him to the bedroom where his gift sits.

i push him to sit down on the bed before handing him the first gift.

he opens it and his mouth immediately drops.

"WHOA!" he shouts as he pulls out the custom converse.

basically they're the iconic black converse he wears however the inside is purple - his favourite colour- and instead of the star around the logo it's a chess piece. they're so cool because they're custom to him and i know he loves them already.

"do you like them?" i ask, basically already knowing the answer.

"i absolutely love them! they're so cool. i almost don't want to wear them so they don't get ruined!" he exclaims as he carefully places the back in the box.

"i can order you another pair when nee-" i'm cut off but spencer giving me yet another look.

"when you need another pair in like, six months" i quickly save myself.

it totally isn't like i was planning on buying him another pair tomorrow...

"that's not it though! i got CUSTOM SOCKS!" i exclaim as i hand him the 2 pairs of socks. one pair is black chess pieces on it and the other pair is brown with revolvers on it.

they are a bit, silly but i can't help it when i see a chance to customise things!

"i love them all so much, but seriously this shopping addiction needs to stick to 6 things a week, alright?" he asks as he pulls me in for a hug.

"i guess" i sigh out, i'd be lying if i said i wasn't hoping you gift would make me revoke the shopping rule.

"good girl" he whispers as he smacks my bum before moving off the bed to display his new converse next to his other 2 pairs of plain black pairs.

talk about basic...
_____________________________________
word count- 1083

low key inspired by myself, i literally order things everyday, it's bad.

hope you all enjoy!