doubt

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

summary:
yours and spencer's daughter katherine is a devil when spencer is gone and spencer has a chat about being good for mommy, meanwhile you worry about how your daughter might see you:

_____________________________________
when everyone told you and spencer that your kids would be adorable and that you guys would be great parents, they weren't wrong. but raising katherine diana reid on your own is a pain.

you and spencer met at the FBI headquarters , you working for counter terrorism, him for the BAU. you guys instantly clicked and started spending a lot of time together. 2 years later and you're married. 2 more years after that and you're pregnant. after you gave birth you put in the request to have only a desk job, spencer teaching half time as well as in the field half time.

he was currently on a case in california, and here you were with a sooky katherine. she missed daddy, and so did you.

"katherine, bubs i know, i know you miss daddy. so does mommy but he's working" you try to tell the 3 year old. she has spencer's hair, his eyes even his brain, but she has your attitude, which isn't a good mix.

"no! i. want. daddy!" she shouts, literally stomping her foot.

you groan, you're literally exhausted. as she got older she became the worse sleeper. she's woken up at least twice every nice this week meaning no sleep for you, but when spencer's home she sleeps through the night!

you hate to be a complaining parent but when you have no sleep you get grumpy.

"katherine you can throw a tantrum all
you want, there's nothing i can do. i've told you daddy's at w-" just then you hear the door open, your husband entering through the door. you physically sigh out of relief.

you walk over to him, beating katherine there and give him the biggest hug, "i missed you and i love you so much, but katherines all yours. i've barely slept and she keeps throwing tantrums for me and crying-"
you're cut off with a kiss from spencer, a small smile
on his face.

"go get some sleep, i'll get katherine ready for bed and read her a story then i'll come join you, okay?" he asks, kissing your forehead.

you nod, leaning down and kissing katherines forehead and whispering a "goodnight, i love you princess" quickly before making your way upstairs to your room, changing into some loungewear (a tight blue cami tank and matching blue shorts) before getting into bed.

spencer's pov:
as soon as i walked in the door i could hear katherine crying and y/n trying to calm her down. since katherine was about 1 she became a daddy's girl, like her mom.

when i saw y/n i could see the dark circles and the exhaustion clear as day all over her face and i instantly felt bad. she has told me many times that katherine is a nightmare when i'm not home.

"hey princess!" i half yell, picking up katherine and spinning her around, watching y/n make her way upstairs.

"hi daddy! i missed you!" she shouts back, squishing
my cheeks together before kissing all over my face.

"were you a naughty girl for your mommy again?" i ask, knowing she'll tell me the truth.

"i missed you! mommy's always grumpy" katherine attempts to whisper to me, but more like shouts it to me.

"katherine sweetie, mommy only gets grumpy because you don't listen. you know mommy went through a lot to bring you to this earth. she had to carry you inside of her for nearly a year and then give birth to you, but she couldn't give birth to you properly so she had to get cut open" i explain, trying to get katherine to understand all that y/n's gone through to bring katherine to this world.

katherine winces at the mention of mommy getting cut open.

"is that why she has that scar near her tummy" she asks, pointing down to her own tummy.

"yeah. you know mommy loves you a lot, we both do. but when i'm not home you have to be good for mommy, promise?" i ask, holding out my pinky for a pinky promise.

"i promsie" she says, linking hers with mine.

i help katherine up, piggy backing her up to her room on the second floor, placing her on her princess bed.

"alright what pjs tonight?" i ask, opening her pyjama drawer.

"doggies!" she exclaims, a little too loudly.

"alright, make sure you keep it down mommy's sleeping" i remind her softly, picking out her doggie night gown with frills.

i help her pull the night gown on, letting her pull on her own new under wear, before making her go to the toilet to avoid any bed wetting. i put her hair in a simple braid which took me about a month and a half to learn.

i tuck her into bed, grabbing the alice in wonderland book on her nightstand and picking up where the book is marked. she falls asleep rather quickly, snoring softly. i kiss her forehead and put the book down, marking it again before turning on her oil diffuser and closing her door quietly.

i walk into mine and y/n's room to see her sitting on the bed, sniffling softly.

"baby, what's wrong?" i ask, moving to sit next to her to comfort her.

"i heard what katherine said. i don't want her to think i'm always mad at her- but whenever you're gone she never sleeps through the night and she's always crying because she wants you-" i cut her off, pulling her into my chest.

"hey, don't be silly. she knows what she does when i'm gone is wrong. you're an amazing mother and she's never going think you're always mad at her. don't doubt yourself please" i whisper back, not quite understanding how she must feel but trying to comfort her.

"okay" she whispers softly, wiping away her tears.

i kiss her and praise her non stop, telling her how much i love her and how amazing she is. before she falls asleep i quickly braid her hair how i did for katherine minutes earlier, cuddling up with the love of my life, rubbing her back and drawing random things into her tank top.

she is forever, her and katherine.
_____________________________________
word count - 1086
thank you guys so much for 17k reads! you guys are amazing 🖤