Chapter 54: Priorities

54. Priorities

We started by going to see the Statue of Liberty. I'd at least seen that before to Aaron's amusement. I signed two or three autographs for a few people who recognized me, but everyone else pretty much ignored me, which I didn't mind.

That was the nice thing about New York. There was always some kind of hustle and bustle in the streets so everyone just minded their own business and went about their day. A person could literally walk down the street naked and it would just be another regular Tuesday in New York.

Next, he took me to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I knew that spot was more for him than for me, but I didn't mind. He loved all kinds of art and I was more than happy to share that with him.

"This all looks so amazing," I remarked, looking around.

We were looking at the European sculptures.

"Yup," Aaron agreed before chuckling. "You know I wanted to become a sculptor after I came here for the first time."

"Why didn't you?"

"Not all art is for everyone," he said with a small laugh. "Besides, I liked to paint more and I was actually good at that."

I chuckled. "Fair enough."

I walked around some more, looking at all the pieces in the room. I heard the shutter of a camera and immediately turned my head to see who it was. I sighed in relief and smiled when I saw Aaron with his phone pointed at me.

"Relax, it's just me," he said.

"Oh, well in that case..." I said, before sticking my tongue out.

I struck a bunch of other stupid poses and Aaron kept taking pictures.

He shook his head and laughed. "You're so cute."

"That is a tested and proven fact, yes," I joked.

He put his phone in his pocket. "Okay, let's get going."

"Where to?"

"Ever heard of The Bronx?" he joked.

"Yes Aaron, I've heard of The Bronx," I said. "I've just never been there."

"Well there's a first time for everything," he chuckled, before taking my hand. "Let's go."

We got onto a train so we could get there and I'm not ashamed to say that I was like a little kid at Disneyland for the first time. It was only the subway, but it was still all new to me.

We went to the Bronx Zoo first, and we took the opportunity to get some food from a hotdog stand.

"You know, the concept of zoos are quite sad when you think about it," I told Aaron.

He chuckled and wiped ketchup off the corner of my lips. "Aren't you such a lady."

I rolled my eyes. "Hey, I'm talking about the poor animals here."

"Right," he said. "Sad concept. Why?"

"Because," I answered. "Animals should be free like everything else."

"Says the girl eating a hot dog next to a cage of monkeys," Aaron teased.

I hit his shoulder lightly. "Shut up."

He laughed and pulled me close, kissing me. I kissed him back for a second and then pulled away.

"Let me finish my hotdog first Aaron, and then I'll kiss you."

"Seriously?"

I shrugged. "Priorities."

He shook his head in amusement and pulled me along so we could keep looking around.