Chapter 27: I Sound Like Arnold Schwarzenegger When I Scream

27. I Sound Like Arnold Schwarzenegger When I Scream

Josh made it very clear that he was pissed at me. We argued basically the entire shoot, plus Talia or whatever her name was kept making snarky comments. I was so relieved when we were done because it meant that I could leave and finally go home to my bed.

I showed myself out of the building and walked through the underground parking lot to my car.

"Morgan?"

I turned, and I saw Clarissa of all people smiling at me.

Well this was awkward.

"Oh, hey Clarissa," I greeted. "What are you doing here?"

She held up the bag that was slung over her shoulder. "Making a delivery to some people on the third floor. Though I don't know who specifically I was just given the address."

The third floor was where the shoot took place. Those girls didn't deserved to be waited on, except Zahira. At least she was nice to me.

"Oh, okay," I said.

An awkward silence followed until we both tried to say something.

"Sorry, you go," she laughed.

"I was just going to say that Aaron told me things didn't work out...sorry to hear it."

More like sorry not sorry.

I'm going to hell.

She chuckled. "Oh gosh, not you too."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Are you one of those people who thought I was madly in love with him?" she laughed.

I smiled sheepishly. "Well not madly in love..."

"I get it," she said. "And yeah, I did like him a little. I mean have you seen him?"

Yes, yes I have.

"What changed?" I asked.

She shrugged. "It was just a harmless crush, or so I thought. But then I realized he's not really my type."

"You don't like blondes with green eyes?" I joked.

"Actually it wouldn't really matter what color his hair or eyes were," she chuckled. "I wouldn't be interested at all."

What she was saying registered in my mind. "Wait...so you're..."

"Gay?" she laughed. "Yeah."

"And Aaron didn't know?"

She shrugged. "He knew I liked both girls and guys. I guess finally going on a date with him made me realize that I like girls way more than I like guys if you know what I mean."

Relief washed through me. If I knew her better I would hug her.

"Besides," she continued. "Something tells me he's got eyes for you."

I let out a nervous chuckle. "I wouldn't say that."

"My advice, Aaron is terrible at making the first move, so you should go for it," she said. "Well, I've got to go do my job now. It was nice talking to you Morgan."

"Yeah you too," I replied. "Later."

I turned to leave but I stopped. "Clarissa?"

"Yeah?"

"When you go up, tell whoever's there that you're looking for Zahira. She can help you figure out who ordered that," I said with a smile.

Playing Cupid never hurt anybody right?