Chapter 40 | Far Away, Scattered

Third Person's POV

"Aah!" A scream escaped from Nishant's mouth from Nahush's hard punch. He didn't even get time to recollect himself when his collar was gripped hard by Nahush.

His nose flared, and veins popped up on his arms, neck, and one on the forehead. Eyes red with anger and tears.

"Himmat kashi zale tuji majya baiko baddal eatka ghanerda bolnyachi! Kai vatta tula, me tula eatka prem karto ani kahi bolat nahi ahe manun tu asa neach bolnar majya baiko baddal ani me eikatrahanar? Haa! Thodi pn laaj nahi vatle tula tujya Aai saman Vahini baddal asa boltana? Haa?! [How dare you to talk such dirty about my wife! What did you think, I love you so much and am not saying anything therefore you'll talk such cheap things about my wife and I'll keep on listening. Haa! Didn't you feel even a little shame while saying such things about your sister-in-law who is equivalent to a mother? Haa!]" Nahush's hold of his color increased with anger.

Anger will be a very little word. The emotion he was experiencing was above anger. His heart was not at all believing it.

Tears gathered in Nishant's eyes. They always had a brotherly fight and it would always be out of the fun. It was never serious. But today his Dada punched him, his little brother, and his Nish, in front of everyone, for this girl! The only thing he can never accept is hate for him in his Dada's eyes.

"You think I'm lying? Really Dada? You know I can never lie to you. Fine! You think I'm lying, right? Then tell me how did I come to know about her two ex-boyfriends? How did I come to know about your private life with your wife? How can I know something so private about you both? Think about it. That's only possible if any of you tell me. You didn't tell me, you can never share such private things with anyone. Then who left? It's your wife Da! Your wife! Tell me Da, don't you trust me?" Nahush's grip loosened.

Nish has a point. How will he know something only in between us without any of us telling him? His mind raises a question causing him to raise a fire.

Everyone was shocked by this revival. First, her mother couldn't believe what Nishant said. Her daughter can never do such disgusting things. But when she heard the name 'Kavya', she started boiling in anger.

Going towards Mallika, she asked her if she was contacting Kavya after her breakup to which she nodded. If she had met him before marriage. She nodded. If she contacts him after marriage if she had met him after marriage.

Malli wasn't in the state to speak so she nodded, with much difficulty, she tried speaking but before she could explain, her mother slapped her hard. She said she was disappointed in her. Yet again she broke her trust. What can she expect from her when she had already broken her trust once? And left there followed by other relatives leaving only her in-laws and her husband. Aaji took Owi upstairs with her, not wanting them to witness what was about to happen, not before passing an angry and hateful glare at Nishant which sent him shivers of fear.

In these five and a half months, his relationship with his wife has improved a lot. He can confidently say he knows her inside-out. Respect, belief, and trust have improved. He knows she can't do any such thing. But he knows his brother also. Sun may rise in the west but his brother can never lie to him that to a lie this big. Nish can never even bear someone else hurting him let alone hurting Nahush.

Nishant can never be in a physical relationship with anyone. He had strictly told him never to be physical with anyone other than his wife and he knew his and his parents' teaching could not go to waste. His bond with his younger brother and sister is way much stronger and will never believe anyone before them. Not even his parents, let alone Mallika.

Taking slow yet dangerous steps towards Mallika, he asked in a calm voice, "Why didn't you tell me yesterday you took a half-day from the office? What were you doing at that time instead of coming home?"