Chapter 21 | Married Life - A Blessing Or A Disaster?

Nahush's POV

She's mad! She's totally mad! She was talking to those stupid idols of hers so lovingly who don't even know this antique piece exists and who just got beaten up by her husband because she was expressing her love to their photos! I did not think her love- or should I say obsession with K-pop was that deep.

I know I should have at least seen with whom she was talking. But what could I do, it was so unbearable thinking she was double dating or triple dating or maybe dating 'n' numbers of boys and cheating on Kavya.

Or you were hurt that your wife loves someone else and not you?
No! It's nothing like that. I was just hurt that I got a cheater wife.
Lying to your self no, are we?
I'm not lying but... but... but it just pained my heart. I don't know why but it just pains me. Whatever it is, I punched her very badly. She somehow tried to control her tears. It must be paining a lot. Should I go and apply some medicine to her face?

That girl is heartless and you still want to lessen her pain?
No need to be good to her. People like her need to be taught a lesson.
But should I apologize to her?
Yes, I should, and I was about to go out of my room when I remembered something. Nahush Mhatre does not apologize to anyone. It was my ego but that's how I am. I was never so sorry to anyone because a situation never arose where I had to apologize to anyone. I just apologize to my family members for no reason just to see a smile on their faces but Mallika- she's not my family.

I changed into my loose pants and T-shirt and slept on my side of the bed. After some time I heard the door opening indicating Mallika was back but I kept my eyes closed. Even after some time I didn't feel the bed dipping and opening my eyes I didn't find her. I slightly got up balancing on my arm and found her sleeping on the floor on the mat. "Let her sleep on the floor. I don't care. Now my bed is all mine." I murmured and laid back again. I was so tired that I slept just after a few minutes of lying.

I woke up to find my room very neat and tidy. Mallika must have cleaned the room. Doing my morning routine I put on my suit, combed my hair, sprayed some perfumes, wore my watch, and went to the dining table to have my breakfast. Apparently, Mallika had made breakfast and packed lunch boxes for everyone and left for her office.

I was having the delicious spicy egg omelet and chapatti when my Aai asked if I had my dinner last night to which I said I had my dinner after coming back home. Listening to that Mom seemed upset that I didn't have dinner with my wife and she slept empty stomach. Now how was I supposed to know that sweet wife was waiting for me for dinner? Note the sarcasm.

Well, I didn't think she was waiting for me for dinner but how can I tell Aai that she remained hungry not only because I ate the dinner without her, but even because of the punch I landed on her face which may be hurtful while eating. Aai will be very angry with me when she comes to know how I treat her. I cannot let my parents come to know about it. Pinching my Aai's cheeks lovingly, I apologize to my mom saying it won't happen again, and wearing my socks and shoes I left for work. Not before taking my wife-made lunch box. No matter how much I don't want to accept but I can't deny the heavenly taste of her handmade food. I still don't understand why she said she couldn't make food for my parents.

•••

I was in my office cabin, sitting and doing my work when someone knocked on the door. "Come in," I said. "Sir, we have a meeting with our Turkish client in 35 minutes." My PA, Kabir said and forwarded a file. I took hold of it and I smirked. As per my instruction, Kabir got some information about Mallika which I told him to gather three days back. I want to confirm the accusation Mohit put on her. I don't know why but I feel something is wrong, but I don't know what it is.

"Sir, here are the call records of Mrs. Mallika Mhatre," Kabir said, and I nodded to him to continue.

"Sir, I checked the call records of Mrs. Mhatre and found out that she had called Kavya Mehra as you doubted." With this, I felt my heartbeats increase.

"She had called on this number a week before your marriage and after that, Ma'am called on that number every night. The last call was a night before your marriage." It- it means that Mohit was right. She was in contact with Kavya and never talked to him about her getting married.

"Is there any call on his abroad number?" I asked with expectation.

"No Sir." he simply answered. "You can leave now." and he left the cabin.

Why didn't she call him on his abroad number? Did she not have his number? But how is it possible that she didn't have his number if they were dating? Think Nahush, think. Oh, yes! Kavya always focuses on his important work and doesn't like any disturbance from anyone. It's possible that he must have told Mallika not to call him during his stay at abroad and therefore, she didn't call him on that number but called him on his Indian number. That's right, Nahush came eight days before my wedding. God... why is it happening to me?

Now, there's only one person who can answer all my questions. I know no matter what happens, he will only tell the truth. The truth which will either make my married life a blessing or a disaster.

"Kai Bhava, kasa ahes (Hey brother, how are you)?" Came a very cheerful voice making me look in the direction and smile brightly.

"Mi masta ahe, Om! Tu kasa ahes? Tujis vaat bagat hoto mi. (I'm fine, Om! How are you? I was waiting for you only.)"

°°°°°°°°°°

Namaskar!

It will become a year to this book in May. Will I get at least 100 followers before that? And even some votes and comments?

Do you remember who is Om?

Published - January 19, 2020