Chapter 34 | Not what I look like

Please respond to the question below. It is very important.

Your views about Mallika?

Your views about Nahush?

And here is the update on my Birthday as said last time.🙈💕

••••

Nahush's POV

"I was attracted to Kavya the moment I saw him. Who won't be? You know he is such an amazing guy with always a smile on his face, having a pure heart, and he... how handsome he is..." I kept looking at her dreamy face while she said that.

Hearing your wife praising another man, particularly her ex-boyfriend in front of you who apparently is your best friend is not a casual thing you know. God! I think I am being jealous of my own friend.

"Okay, I'll get straight to the point. I was attracted to him and he was good with me. That's it. I never felt about him that way. As I told you earlier, I was shocked to know that such a handsome boy like Kavya proposed to me! I mean... I wasn't even in his league. But I kept on rejecting him. Reason one, my family is strictly against having a lover. Reason two, I had doubts about whether he really loves me or not. Reason three, I always wanted my husband to be my first in everything. For me it was like, if I have a boyfriend then I'll marry him only. I used to hate those girls who love someone and marry someone else. But guess what... I became one of those girls." Saying this she let out a sigh.

I know she is not like those girls. I know.

"After eight and a half months I said yes to him. We were happy. He used to always talk about his close friends Om and Mohit and about his best friend Hush. One day Kavya told me that Mohit had started hating me when I used to always reject him. Mohit even told Kavya to stop asking me out as even after his proposing to me so many times I always rejected him. Even when we were in a relationship, Mohit was happy for him but his anger on me never went as I had troubled his friend a lot."

I remember... I remember those days. The smile Kavya used to have while talking about the girl he likes, those sad faces whenever his Panchi rejected his every proposal but he kept on trying. Mohit, Om, and I had even told Kavya to stop asking her out if she didn't want to be with him. But he wasn't ready to listen. "I will keep on trying until my heart doesn't lose hope." He used to say. He used to latterly cry for her. It really used to hurt my heart watching my best friend so much hurt. I used to tell him to respect her decision and move on as I couldn't see him so sad. But Mohit... he was hella angry with 'that' girl. Anger could be a slight word- he had started to hate her. "No one has the right to hurt my friend", used to be his words. we three were very possessive of the youngest friend in us. No doubt, Kavya is a Diamond. He means so much to us. I know his anger for Panchi was justified but I never thought that he would keep that anger and hate for Panchi within him. So does it mean that... that all that he told me about Malli that day was because of this hate?

"Yes, I think he still has a grudge against me because of that." Seems like she sensed what was going on in my mind.

"But for his one friend, he will try to destroy his other friend's marriage?" I can't believe it. I know Mohit... he isn't like that.

"He may not intend to destroy his other friend's marriage but the intention to destroy the girl who broke his friend's heart... maybe yes."

Maybe she is right. The hate Mohit had for Kavya's girlfriend increased to another height when she broke up with Kavya. I still remember that day when he came to my office straight into my cabin and looked so vulnerable. I was so scared to see him in that state. He never looked this vulnerable. That day when his girlfriend broke up with him...