Chapter 22 | Danger Alarm!

Third person's POV

"I'm sorry, I can't tell you anything. I've promised Kavya that I won't tell you anything. It's good that you already know about them but I can't tell you more."

"Damn this traffic!" Shouted Nahush, while pressing his car's horn.

"I don't know what Mohit told you and let's not talk about it. It's Kavya or Panchi... I mean, Mallika's call to tell you."

*peep* stopping the car on the signal with a jerk, he punched the steering wheel taking his anger on that poor thing. Om's words kept repeating in his mind since the moment Om left his office making him more furious.

"Kavya never wanted you to know about their past. He doesn't want their past to affect your married life. The only thing I can tell you is that if Kavya comes to know that you know about them then he will blame himself. He wants his best friend to live happily with his wife."

"Argh!" he pulled his hair in frustration. No matter how much he tries to divert his mind but Om's words are not going off his mind.

Om was his last hope. Nahush, Kavya, Mohit, and Om have been good friends for a long time. Om is a guy who always speaks the truth and is good to all. Nahush knows that at a time Mohit can act rashly but Om is the one who can never do anything wrong. He can trust Om blindly and therefore he hopes that he will come to know the entire truth about Mallika and Kavya through him. The slightest hope he had that Mallika was as innocent as she seemed to get broken because of the promise Om gave to Kavya.

Reaching his home he got to know that Mallika had gone to her parents' home by his mom and somewhere in his heart, he felt sad. Sad to know that she is far from him. His heart craved for her and this feeling was making him hate himself.

"Why the hell am I feeling this way!" said Nahush and lay on the bed, trying to sleep. But sleep was far away already because of his unsuccessful attempt to know the truth by Om and secondly after knowing the fact that Mallika didn't go to her parents' house because she missed them but she left his house because of the fight they had last night. And according to his father-in-law, she went there permanently and has no intention to go back to her husband's home.

She really left the house, like seriously! He was angry at her. If his father-in-law had not told him to take her back home then he would have never got her back.

Why should I go to get her when she herself left the house with her own will? I wasn't the one who told her to get out! He thought

But you are the reason why she left. His mind argued. This house felt empty, his room felt empty, the side of his bed felt empty, and his heart and mind felt empty without her. Somehow in these few days or weeks, he got used to her. And with his internal talks, he fell asleep.

Ringing the bell of her house, he was welcomed by his mother-in-law greeting him with joined hands with a small smile that didn't reach her eyes.

She knows what I did. He taught and joined his hands and greeted her back. As he entered the house, he saw his father-in-law and greeted him.

"Please have a seat," said Mr. Adsule. Nodding his head he sat on the sofa.

"Malli, come out. Your husband is here." called out her mother.