Chapter 33 | All a lie?

Happy Independence Day 🇮🇳
It's all because of our freedom fighters because we are what we are now, Independent.

••••

Third Person's POV

"But you did love marriage, then...?" Mallika was trying to digest the fact.

"Love or arranged, it doesn't matter. There are more divorce rates in love marriages than in arranged, you know why? Because in an arranged marriage, both families try to convince the husband and wife if there are any differences between them.

They make them understand that a pure bond of marriage cannot be broken just like that. Understanding and compromise are needed. Whatever your differences are, try to mend them. They make them understand and therefore the marriage doesn't break. This keeps on happening and thus arranged marriages last. Just like we say, marriage is not just between two people but between two families, they actually take this sentence seriously and therefore marriage is saved from breaking. And that is right actually.

Usually, misunderstandings and differences are created between a couple and it gets difficult to solve when the ego is introduced. Things that can be solved go unnoticed because of the ego and thus elders play an important role in mending the relationship.

But when it comes to love marriage, their parents or family do not try to save their marriage by solving the problem or talking out their differences.

Why would they? According to them, they chose their partner on their own, they went against their parents and hurt them so it was bound to happen. If they didn't care about their parents then why should they interfere?

When a partner chosen by the parents turns out to be wrong or not good then they say that they looked the best for their child but it's regretful he/she turned out to be bad. But when a partner chosen by their child turns out to be wrong or not good then they say that this is what happens when you choose your partner yourself." A sad smile was playing on Trupti's face.

Nahush had a neutral expression on his face. He knew whatever his cousin said was true and that's sad but reality. He wasn't knowing his sister was facing so much. Whenever he talked with her she seemed happy. He felt like the worst brother who couldn't understand her pain beneath her happy face.

Why didn't she tell anyone what she was going through? He wondered.

Tripti saw Mallika in deep thinking and said, "When we get a wrong life partner through an arranged marriage then we can blame our parents and it hurts but when you get a wrong life partner through a love marriage then trust me, that hurts, that pain is nothing when compared to an arranged marriage. It... It hurts like hell." Tears by tears started to flow continuously.

"When the person we love the most, with whom we had a love marriage hurts us the most, that pain is undesirable. It... It feels like na-nails are hammered in the heart." Trupti's crying voice broke their heart.

"How much we know a person before marriage doesn't tell how your married life will be because we start knowing a real person after marriage. It doesn't matter how much you love each other. It is easy to love before marriage but being in unconditional love after marriage is actually true love. That person may even love you after marriage but no marriage is peaceful without trust, belief, loyalty, honesty, and love in it.

It doesn't matter whether it is love or arranged, all that matters is trust, belief, loyalty, honesty, and love for each other.

It doesn't matter whether you are a girl or a boy because both of them suffer when they don't get a good life partner.