Chapter 23 | Bodies Sticking Together

Mallika's POV

"Let's go," he said. The smirk is still visible on his face. He got off the car but I didn't. I was seated in the car seat. I know something is wrong. I knew he was planning something... something very bad, so I stood rooted in my seat. I won't go there. Never in my life have I been to any club. What a club looks like, I only know because of movies and dramas. I have never even seen the outside of the club - the inside is afar.

Realizing that I was not following him, he came back and opened my side car door. Forwarding his right hand he said, "Come, Malli." with a naughty smile.

"You did this purposely, didn't you?" I asked with narrowing eyes.

"Hmm, you can say that, but I don't like being late. So now, get down fast. I don't like being late." He ordered with seriousness, making me a little scared.

Ignoring his forwarded hand, I got out of the car. I don't know what he is up to but I'm sure not gonna sit and let him do anything.

We entered the club and it was weird. Weird because it was my first time hearing music at its highest peak, people reeking of sweat, alcohol, and smoke, and people dancing so close that their bodies were literally touching each other. With a sudden pull on my wrist by Nahush, I realized that I was still standing at the entrance. He held my wrist in a firm grip and started moving. I was just following where he was taking me.

Everyone present here is in their western outfit whereas I'm wearing a saree. It's a good thing that everyone is busy in their own world to notice a girl wearing a saree in the club. Though my saree looks very modern but still who wears a saree at a club?

"Well... you do."

But I didn't know he was taking me to some club. It isn't my fault!

While Nahush was pulling me to God knows where I saw some people kissing each other and making out. God, it's so weird to watch people kissing in front of everyone. How do they feel comfortable doing it in public? It's a personal thing which they are showing to everyone.

"Mallika dear, not everyone thinks the same as you. All have different ways of thinking." said my subconscious mind again.

We came to a halt to a sitting area that looked like a VIP sitting area. Some girls and boys were sitting there, having drinks and moving their bodies to the beats of music. As soon as they saw us or should I say 'my husband', everyone got off their seat and came towards Nahush and started hugging him one by one. Seems like his friend. He is no longer holding my wrist and for some reason, I felt bad. As those friends were busy greeting each other, I stood there awkwardly, holding my hands together.

"Who's the lady with you, Nahush?" one of his friends asked.

"Nahush at the party with a girl! That's news!" another friend of his said with a shock, making me surprised. So he really has never been with any girl. The same boy continued, "Wait... isn't she your wife, Nahush?" gaining the attention of all his friends. All his male and female friends looked at me from up to down. Probably wondering such a weird girl she is to wear a saree at a place like this.

Soon a hand slipped through my left side waist which was uncovered, making goosebumps arise throughout my body because of the sudden contact. Pulling me towards him he said, "Guys, meet my wife, Mallika. And Malli, they are my B. Arch. college friends." and pulled me closer to him. One by one they introduced themselves and I greeted them with a hi and small smile.