Chapter 15 | Bad Sleeping Habits

Third Person's Point Of View

It's about the time when their 'wedding gondal' was over and guests, mostly Nahush friends were being served the food. Nahush was waiting for three of his close friends. One of them was his best friend. They lived in the same colony during their childhood. Those three friends were not able to attend any wedding function as they were too busy with their work but decided to attend at least one of his wedding rituals.

Mallika was busy serving food to everyone along with other ladies whereas he was spending time with his cousins and friends that's when he saw his friends. He waved his hand for them to see him but he saw the sad face of his best friend with teary eyes and before he could approach him, his best friend went from there which was followed by his other friend, Om leaving his third friend Mohit alone.

Nahush ran towards Mohit and asked him what had happened but before he could answer, Nahush started to run behind his best friend but Mohit stopped him holding his hand. Seeing his best friend's teary eyes made him scared.

"Let him be, Nahush." Mohit said with sadness.

"How can I, Mohit?! He is crying all of a sudden and doesn't know why! I have to be with him!" Nahush exclaimed.

"Om is there with him. He will take care of him. You don't worry."

"How can I not worry, Mohit?! My best friend 'Kavya (काव्य)', who always has a smile on his face, who always keeps laughing, making jokes, who always be happy is crying that too at his best friend's wedding! It's not normal, buddy."

"How can he be normal after seeing his girlfriend married to his best friend?" Mohit said, almost questioning. Nahush looked at him shocked. He thought he heard something wrong, definitely wrong.

Mohit put his hand on Nahush's shoulder and said, "Your wife is no other than Kavya's Panchi (Birdie), Mallika." This news made him take a few steps back in shock and sadness.

Nahush knew his best friend Kavya had a girlfriend but he had never met her nor seen her photo. Kavya used to always call her Panchi even in front of his friends so, for Nahush, Kavya's girlfriend's name was Panchi. He knew that Kavya loved his girlfriend a lot and wished to marry her but because of caste issues, it was not easy for them to get married. It's been almost a year that they haven't met as Kavya had gone abroad but they used to have a normal chat once a month. He didn't have any idea what was going on in his life. He tried so much and made him agree to come for his marriage. And now meeting him this way after a year was very sad.

Never did he think that he would marry a girl whom his friend loves. If he had any idea that Mallika is Kavya's Panchi then he himself would had to get them married. Even though his feelings for Mallika have grown much stronger but he would have not considered his feelings for Kavya's happiness.

He remembers Mallika once said that she was in a serious relationship with her ex-boyfriend and they even tried to make her parents agree to their marriage but weren't successful and had to break up.

He thought that nothing could happen as they were already married. No matter how best friend Kavya is, he won't let go of his wife. And according to Mallika, it's been a year since their breakup and they aren't in contact with each other and she, with all her heart accepts him as her husband; he thought Kavya would forget soon. He must have seen her after a long time which must have made him cry.