Chapter 16 | Too Close

Third Person's Point Of View

He woke up from sleep with the sight of his wife sleeping beside him. Thought with the messy hair and dried drool on her cheeks, she looked cute. He so wanted to ravish this moment, but he didn't. Instead, he took his mobile. Opening the alarm app he played the alarm sound at max and placed it near her ear. With the sudden sound, Mallika woke up and sat on the bed with a jerk. Wondering how that irritating sound fell so loudly on her ear. With sleepy eyes, she saw Nahush resting on the bedrest with a mobile in his hand. Her sleep was now gone.

"You see the small shelf there?" He said while pointing towards a shelf in a far corner of the room.
"There you'll find all the cleaning things. Get up and clean the entire room nicely. I don't like my room dirty." He said and Mallika just kept looking at him.
"What are you waiting for?" He asked rudely and regretted speaking that rudely after seeing her sad face. But the thought of how disgusting she was came into his mind making him lose his control and shout, "Go!"
She flinched at the sound of his anger-filled voice and abruptly left the bed. Seeing her go towards the washroom, he again lay on the bed and slept.

Waking up again at his usual time, he looked around rubbing his eyes to find the room very neat and tidy. She completed her work very well. Thinking so, he looked for her but found her nowhere. He saw the washroom door open and walked there. Reaching the washroom door, the sight in front of him made him mad.

Mallika was washing the duster in the bathroom, but that's not what made him angry. The thing which made him angry was that her hair was messily tied up in a bun and she had worn the same clothes which she had worn while sleeping. Which means that she did not have a bath.
"What the hell are you doing?" He shouted. Hearing his voice, Mallika looks towards him. Though his angry face made her scared - very scared but ignoring him, she got back to her work. She twisted the cloth squeezing the water out of it. Standing up she tried to walk past him but before she could, he gripped her right arm and brought her in front of him.
"I asked you something. What the hell are you doing?" He asked looking in her eyes with anger. Thought his eyes were looking super dangerous now, but she didn't like the way he talked and dominated her.

"Can't you see I'm doing what you told me to do? In fact, I completed what you told me to do." She said, rolling her eyes which seemed to be a wrong move. He grabbed her jaws forcefully with his right hand making her cheeks pain. "Don't you give me that attitude, Mallika!" He said with gritted teeth.

Now it wasn't her cheeks that pained but was her heart. She thought it was only that night when he raised his hands on her and wouldn't do it ever again. She thought he regretted it. But no he didn't. If he had then he wouldn't have done this again. She was hurt. She kept quiet as her throat felt heavy.
"Without having a bath you did all the work. Forget bath, you didn't even comb your hair. What is this!" He scolded her. Nahush is someone who loves cleanliness. He always keeps himself and his surroundings clean. And now looking at his own wife like this is just making him angry and irritated.

She was hurt but she had to make herself clear. "If I do all the cleaning after the bath and I'll get dirty again, therefore, I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and did all the cleaning and Now, I was about to go to the bath." She said and freed herself from his hold.
"

That's ridiculous!" He exclaimed. Does it even make sense?
"I do this always." She continued and that made him furious.
"You do this always? Do you do all the home chores before having a bath? Have you lost your mind!" He finally shouted. This girl is beyond his imagination. "Listen, girl, you may be behaving untidily, mannerless, senselessly in your parent's home, but not here. You are not allowed to behave like a jungle at my house. Didn't your parents think you always have a bath first before doing any other work? I don't think they had because if they had taught you these basic things then you would have behaved better." Throughout his talk, Mallika kept quiet listening to all his venomous words.
"From tomorrow onward the very first thing you'll do after waking up is having a bath. Do you get that?" He asked calmly. Getting no response from her, he grabbed her jaws again, but in an excruciating grip, making her look at him. "Do you get that?" He asked again in a very dangerous tone to which she nodded her head slightly. Feeling her eyes blurry due to tears, she lowered her head. She didn't want to show him her weak side.
I can't believe I chose this girl as my wife. I must have truly lost my mind for choosing such a disgusting girl. But what do I do of this heart that it still likes her even though knowing her reality? He thought and murmured looking at her, "Murkha (idiot)." It was easily heard by her and the tears she had held for so long had finally left her eyes.