Chapter 26 | Cheat

(Do listen to the Music Video above. It's very nice😍
You can even watch this movie called 'Savita Damodar Paranjpe'. It's a very unique horror movie.
But be careful as the lead actress's eye expressions are enough to scare you😝)

Third Person's POV

"As I said before, I'm helping you to enjoy the cigarette completely to yourself. In fact, you should thank me for such an amazing idea. What wrong did I do, huh?" Mallika replied with a fake smile by not letting him know the effect on her by their closeness.

Her entire body was sticking to his. Hands kept on his chest, head completely raised above to look straight in his eyes making her chin touch on his chest which was bare because of his shirt's first two open buttons. Her breathing on his chest was doing things to him. He just kept staring at her intently. His intense gaze made Mallika lower her eyes.

She tried pushing him away but his hold was strong on her. Not wanting to show his effect on her, she again spoke, "Why... Won't you say anything now? Do you have any justification as to why did you smoked in the club that too from the used cigarette of your friend? Why are you smoking now? Most importantly, was that a lie when you said that you don't smoke? Obviously, it was or else why would you have a packet of cigarettes kept safely on your shelf? How could you lie to me? Actually, now that I think about it, it is not a big deal for you to lie about it as it's not even an issue for you. If you can take your wife to the club to hurt her, insult her then cigarette smoking is nothing, isn't it?"

She's right, he knows. He knows what he did was wrong but he never lied about anything. When he said he doesn't smoke, it was true. When his friend Shivani offered the cigarette he rejected it right away but when he saw his wife looking intently towards them, he got a chance to hurt her as he knew she hated smoking. And it worked.

And the cigarette packet and a lighter on his shelf came when his friends came to his house two days before his wedding and one of his friends kept it on his shelf because Nahush had strictly told him he wouldn't expect it. In his wedding preparation and after the marriage drama, it completely went off his mind to throw that packet.

While searching for his T-shirt he found it hidden between his clothes that's when he remembered that his friend had kept that packet of cigarettes and a lighter in his wardrobe. And thought to use it to piss Mallika more.

But now she's tagging him as a liar when she was the one who lied, kept things hidden, played with two hearts, and is continuing to do so. These thoughts made him so furious causing the side nerves of his forehead to pop up.

He painfully grabbed her jaw with his left hand circling her waist, pulling her more closer leaving no air to pass between them.

Mallika hissed in pain his strong grip caused her jaws.

"A liar doesn't have any right to blame others. First, check yourself before blaming someone else." He said in a low, dangerous voice.

"It–it's pai–paining. Y–you're hurting me... again." Mallika said with teary eyes. She knew her tears wouldn't affect him but it did.

His eyes no longer held anger and reached to their blank state, leaving his grip off her jaw. He caresses her left cheek slowly with his thumb. It was as if his hand wasn't in his control.

Mallika blinked her eyes, trying to register the sudden change in Nahush. His soft stroke on her cheeks sent a shiver in her body. Their eyes capture each other as if bonded with a spell having their own conversation where no anger, no hate, and no differences exist.

Suddenly like a villain, his phone rang breaking the spell. Both lowered their head in embarrassment.

Reaching his jeans pocket for his mobile, he looked at the caller's name causing his senses to be attentive. He answered the call without leaving his stronghold on her waist.