Chapter 12 | Maji Baiko

Please read the note at the end of the chapter.

Mallika's Point Of View

At 10 pm when the DJ was stopped and we stopped our ranti(jungle) dance and headed to our house to have our dinner. I ate so much! All the dancing made me eat like a manic. It took almost half an hour to eat my dinner but my cousins — they completed their dinner in 10 minutes and headed towards don't know where.

After dinner, I began to help in cleaning but all my aunties told me not to do and go to sleep as it was my last day at home. When the 'last day at this home' fell on my ear, I felt like crying but controlled it.

Opening my bedroom door, the sight in front of me made me surprised and I jumped with happiness. My cousins were sticking EXO's poster with cello tape on the wall and it was looking wow! It looks like they have taken its printouts. And as soon as they saw me, Noor did something on her mobile and SHINee's Ring Ding Dong started to play. Together they shouted "Surprise K-pop fan!"

It was so hard to believe that my cousins gave me such an amazing surprise. My cousin sisters and I danced to K-pop songs like Sorry Sorry, Mic Drop, monster, fire, boombayah, Hard Carry, TT, Ring Ding Dong, growl, Wolf, Boy in Luv, etc. Whereas my brother was clicking photos, shooting videos, teasing, and making fun of our dance. What else can you expect from brothers?! After enjoying a lot we finally went to sleep.

Despite being so much tired, sleep was far away from me. All the moments spent with Kavya(काव्य) started to play in my mind and tears flowed down my eyes. I miss him so much.

Before going to bed I again tried calling his number but as usual, his number was switched off. I don't know why I did it but... I did.

I was so into my thoughts that I didn't realize that Mumma sat beside me. Mumma started to caress my head and I stood still. After a year my mom is caressing me lovingly. She must have assumed that I was sleeping and therefore she must have come here and I didn't want this moment to spoil so I kept acting like I was asleep.

Mom kissed my forehead and was about to leave when I held her hand and kept my head on her lap. Hugging her waist I cried letting my heart out. Mom didn't say anything and just caressed my head and face. She was crying too.

I always used to say I would never cry during my wedding. What's there to cry? It's not like I would never meet my parents, etc. But now I understand why all the brides cry.

Sleeping late till morning and saying, "Five minutes more Mumma."
Will my mother-in-law let me sleep as much as I want?
Dancing, jumping, and doing weird kinds of stuff at home yet neither mom nor dad would scold me.
Will I be able to do anything as freely as I used to do at my parents' home? Parent's home that's what it would be for me from now on.

Many things would change. I don't know how I'm feeling but I am feeling very different. Is this how every bride feels?

Mom slept beside me and I slept hugging my mom. How much I craved sleeping while hugging my mom. Soon I drifted off to sleep.

•••

Third Person's Point Of View

Joining her hands and touching it to her forehead, she closed the prayer book as she completed her prayer. Deva, it's my wedding today. I know you've planned best for me just give me the strength to face every situation and make us each other's strength in any situation. Either good or bad, we'll be there with each other. She prayed to God.