Chapter 30 | Forgive me

I haven't watched this serial which is about Lord Khandoba, Mahalsa Devi, and Banai Devi as I don't watch serials, but have heard this song and it's really very nice. Do listen to the song above👆🏽. From serial Jai Malhar and song name Banybaya.

••••

Third Person's POV

"When Lord Khandoba came to Jejuri gad (fort) after his second marriage with Banai, he carried her in his arms till half the hill as his first wife Mahlsa didn't like him doing second marriage. So he gave the top hill to Mahlsa Devi and half the hill to Banai Devi. Remember he carried her in his arms all along there.

Though I and my siblings never liked and will never like that since the ancient days' men used to have more than one wife and we do not support anything related to it. It's just that I think this tradition brings the husband and wife closer in terms of being frank, knowing each other, getting more comfortable with each other, and most importantly, having faith in their partner." Kanak explained and everyone listened attentively.

Tripti, Mallika, her siblings, and their spouse already know the story and the tradition. Nahush, Nishant, and Owi know the story but not the tradition but Vedant - Vedant was completely new to it.

"So what do they have to do?" Ovi asked excitedly.

"So here is a tradition that every newly married couple or the couple who comes here first time after their marriage follows the tradition.
The tradition is that the husband has to climb at least 10 stairs carrying his wife." Noor crimped.

All were excited except Trupti.

I won't do that. She decided.

Rishi and Avni climbed the stairs, and with their mobile stood in action to capture their special moments with their photography skills.

Meanwhile, there was another newly married couple and the man carried his wife sideways and climbed the stairs and Mallika and her family and some people started cheering for them whereas elderly people just smiled.

It was Nahush's time to carry Mallika and they looked at each other awkwardly.

"Aare dada... uchal na Vahini/ Vaine la. (Dada... carry Vahini!)" cried Ovi, pleading with her brother.

Nahush looked at Mallika with a neutral face and asked, "Shall I?" to which she just nodded. When he was about to carry her, Shrishti said, "God... I still remember our first visit here after marriage. During our time all the elders were present and he carried me. It was such an embarrassing moment I tell you!" and everyone started to laugh remembering that moment.

"Yes, Vaine and at that time I was checking for the elders' reaction," Mallika said followed by a giggle. Her giggle was abruptly stopped when she was lifted in a bridal style by Nahush. Her arms involuntarily wrapped around his neck.

Shocked? Yes, she was.
Shy? Yes, she was.
Embarrassed? No, she wasn't.

Being carried by her husband, right in front of everyone made her feel shy, but she loved that feeling. The same was true with Nahush. The feeling of Mallika in his arms feels so wonderful. Does she even eat food? Was his doubt when he carried her last time and is still the same. If she feels so lightweight always then he would carry her like this throughout his life.

Mallika was so into his brown eyes that it was broken by the time-to-time hits she felt because of the climbing.

Their moments were captured. People were cheering and clapping, some were admiring, and some didn't like this PDA. Smarnika, Karan, and Nakul were clapping their hands and jumping with excitement. The children's hearts were excited and happy to see the huge frame of their Mama/ Kaka lifting their Mami/ Attyu.