Chapter 10 | That Khadus Vampire

That Khadus Vampire

Third Person's Point Of View

First day of her pre-marriage ritual. The early morning was the 'Satyanarayan pooja' and then in the evening was her mehndi function.

Earlier she had worn a salwar kameez but on her sister's instinct she wore a ghagra choli, tied her hair in half ponytail, and applied red lip balm and she was ready for her mehndi function.

Both of her hands were occupied as the mehndi artist was doing their work. She became sad when she remembered her ex-boyfriend, as the Mehndi artist asked her the name of her husband to write on her palm with Mehndi. She had planned so much about her wedding with her boyfriend. And now, Nahush's name was written on her hand.

She immediately wiped her unsheathed tears with her shoulder. She didn't want anyone to know about her broken heart.

All were involved in doing preparations. Ladies of the house were complimenting how relaxed they felt after the Ayurvedic body massage which they got to experience because of Mallika. From her own earned money she took her both Grandmothers, all of her Maushi, Kaki, Attya, Vahini, and her Mother for a body massage as she wished to give at least a day to let them relax and pamper themselves. Gentlemen of the family said NO to a massage but she forcefully let them do at least pedicure. Whereas her cousin brother-sisters wished for a facial so she let them do it.

She felt happy to see their cheerful, relaxed, and happy faces. She was happy that she provided her earned money to her parents for her wedding preparation. Obviously, her parents didn't approve of it but she requested it and said it was her wish. She didn't want to let her parents take any loans and headache for her wedding. And both the bride and groom's side family paying the equal amount of money for the wedding was a relief.

After completing her hands and legs mehndi, all the ladies started to apply mehndi on their hands too.

Her siblings were teasing her from time to time to which she just replied with a small smile.

After her mehndi dried completely, it was time for her to wear her dark green colored wedding bangles made of glass. It is a ritual in the Maharashtrian wedding in which the bangles seller is invited to both the bride and groom's house with his bangles and he fills the bangles in the bride's hands, followed by the other married ladies. All the married ladies wear dark green glass bangles whereas unmarried girls or small girls can choose the bangles of their choice.

Her maternal grandmother wore a gold bangle even called Kada in both of her hands, after which, the bangle seller wore her dark green colored glass bangles, wherein, one of the hands had one bangle extra than the other hand. The color green signifies greenery in her new life and fertility.

 The color green signifies greenery in her new life and fertility