𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞.

------------Third person POV: (1 month after Isabel joined the trio)(Play Music)

------------
Third person POV:
(1 month after Isabel joined the trio)
(Play Music)

The bird Isabel had been found with had finally healed. Which means the day Isabel (and y/n) dreaded has come, today they must release it and allow it to continue its life on the surface.

They planned to release it in a secluded area of the underground, higher up from ground level,a spot with a hole in the 'ceiling' revealing a glimspe of the surface and allowing sunlight to pour in.

The four strapped on their ODM gear, Isabel held a small makeshift cage they had created for the dove. The bird was now able to fully move and fly once again, that is why they've decided to let it reign free once again.

They flew through the air, bypassers below looking at them with envy but also amazement. The 'wind' ruffled through their hair.

"Yahoo!" Isabel shouted, enjoying herself as they made their way to the designated destination.

Soon a glimpse of sunlight from the surface could be seen, catching their attention. Isabel was very excited to get to bask in the sunlight so she sped up, using her gas to boost her further and landing safely before the others.

"It's so cool Levi-bro! The sun is so warm!" Isabel set the cage down, throwing her arms in the air as she soaked up the rays of the beaming sun.

Levi sat down on a rock. He watched as (y/n) went and stood next to the ginger girl. (y/n) looked up through the hole seeing the large rocks that surrounded the opening. The sun was bright and warmed her skin as she looked up into the sky.

The warmth was welcoming to them, just feeling it against their bodies made them long to see the beauty of the surface.

'One day...one day we'll make it out of here together' Levi thought to himself, watching the two girls.

"Let's release the bird together (n/n)!"

"Okay."

Isabel gently pulled the bird out of its cage. The small dove tweeted as she whispered a goodbye to it.

"Do you have anything you want to say to it (n/n)?"

"What would you like me to say?"

"That's up to you!"

(y/n) recalled what Isabel had just said so she said the same thing, "goodbye little birdy, I hope I get to fly free like you some day."

"Hey! That's what I said!" Isabel pouted

"I'm sorry, I will fix it-"

Isabel chuckled, remembering that (y/n)'s understanding of things was different than hers. "Don't worry, it's fine! Are you ready?" Isabel grabbed (y/n)'s hand, placing it underneath the hand that held the bird.

"Ready! Three...two..."

They threw the bird up into the air, "one!" The dove took flight, flapping its wings toward the light.

"Bye bye!" Isabel shouted, a big toothy grin plastered on her face as she waved.

"Well, are you ready to go back? I'm pretty sure Jan is supposed to come over soon" Farlan said, placing his arm on Levi's shoulder.

"Aww but I want to stay longer!" Isabel protested, folding her arms over her chest and pouting like a child.

"We can come back another time. Farlan is right."

~~~

Turning the corner to their home a man stopped them. He was a older man, grey hair and grey mustache. His clothing was nicer compared to most of the people who lived down here.

"Whats the deal old man? You want something?" Isabel asked, her hands resting on the back of her head.

"I've come for a job request." The man said.

"Did you get the wrong house? This isn't a handyman shop." Farlan spoke.

"I promise you a reward."

"Go home!" Levi shouted, slightly startling the rest. He started walking and the others followed behind.

"I've already paid the deposit though." The old man stood in place. He watched the group while they walked up the staircase leading to their home.

"You're kidding right? This is the first time we've seen you." Farlan said.

"That's true...but you should already know.." the old man turned to look at a carriage that was parked on the other side of the street, "...about him."

Out of the alley way came a familiar man with a red vest, being supported by one with a top hat and suit on.

"Jan!" Farlan shouted, seeing as his friend climbed Into the carriage. They knew Jans leg was getting bad, lack of sunlight down here is the cause for a common leg disease.

"His leg is already at its limits. He needs to get treatment at a hospital on the surface. Isn't that right, Levi?"

"What's the meaning of this?!" Farlan was becoming angrier every second the peculiar man spoke.

"I told you, didn't I? It's a deposit for a job. You'll listen to the details now right?"

They all waited on Levi's answer. He was their leader in a way. Of course they were all great friends but when it came to situations like this Levi answered for them.

"Fine then."

"Take off your gear and follow me."

The four went into their home, doing as they were asked and removing their gear. Afterwards they went back out, following the man through the town. Levi quickly picked up where they were headed when the 11th stairway came into view.

With a wave of the mans hand the MP's allowed them to pass through the stairway. As they trudged their way to the top the sunlight they had seen not too long ago began to shine on the steps ahead.

The passageway was lit up by candles on either side. The sound of their footsteps echoed off the stone walls.

Once they reached a platform the sun instantly burned them. (y/n) hid behind Levi as she held her eyes. She wasn't sure why they hurt so much. The others stood with their arms shielding their eyes, watching as the man who brought them here continued up.

There was a carriage parked in front. The door was open with a yet another man sitting inside. The sun's rays concealed his identity, only his shadow being casted upon them.

"Are these the guys?"

(Y/n) peaked her head over, wincing from the stinging in her eyes.

"Yes. I've heard they're excellent, especially the (h/c) haired girl.

"Who the hell are you?" Levi asked, his eyebrows were knitted together out of annoyance.

"It's understandable that your wary of me. But you'll learn to trust me."

Farlan chuckled, "how could we?"

"The fact that I'm here says everything. I'm at great risk just by being here. Have you received the deposit already?"

"I don't know how things work on top, but in our world it's called taking a hostage." Levi answered, his fists clenched.

"That's just a contingency plan we laid in place. When you have successfully completed the job, you won't only be getting a huge sum of money but also, citizenship on the surface."

The four gasped, it had been something they've been trying to achieve for a while. Farlan, (y/n) and Levi have been saving up whenever they could and now Isabel was too. That was their dream.

There was no chance in hell they'd pass this opportunity up.