𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 23- 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬.

-------Flashback

-------
Flashback.
Your POV:
Play Music

Levi was trying to teach me how to write properly. His handwriting was always much neater than mine even though we had little access to learning resources.

We sat at the table. Farlan was reading a book in the living room, quietly listening in on our conversation.

"Write your name and then me and Farlans. Fit it in between the lines and write neatly."

I nodded, accepting the challenge and picking up the dull pencil.

Levi watched intently as I wrote my name slowly, trying to write it as neat as possible and not go over the faded blue lines.

"You don't have to go that slow."

"Should I write faster? I am worried it will result in going outside the lines which you asked me not to do."

"Well you're moving slower than a snail. It's okay if you mess up a few times, just go at a normal pace."

"Why is it so important that I learn to write like you, Levi?"

"So when I take you to the surface the bastards up there won't think your 'underground scum'. You'll have better opportunities if you can read and write like them."

"I would be fine with that, as long as I am with you."

Flashback Over.

"Hange, won't you get into trouble for releasing me?"

"Shadis doesnt even know you're down here. Besides, I know you don't bite."

"I see... but what is your plan?"

"Follow me, stay between Isabel and Farlan though."

I nodded and stepped out of the cell, still holding onto the necklace around my neck. Hange led us out of the dungeons and to her room, avoiding other squad leaders and people in general.

She quietly shut the door behind her, peeking out to make sure no one saw. Hange's room was set up similar to mine, everything in the same place except she had a office connected to it.

"Okay, so here's the deal (y/n). We're going to devise a plan for you to rescue Levi. Granted, this probably isn't smart but I doubt anyone else is willing to do this until the next mission is scheduled. Are you willing to hear me out?"

"I am. I will do anything."

"Sounds like you love him (y/n)."

There's that word again.

"Hange, what is 'love'?"

"You don't know what love is? Well, I've never really been in love but..." Hange grabbed a map and rolled it out on the table top of her office.

"... I think it's that feeling you get in your chest, when your heart races when your around a certain person. It aches when your apart. I read a book once about romance actually, I think its also when you cant get them off your mind, like you'd be willing to risk everything and anything to be with them. When you lose them it's like you lost yourself too."

"That is me. Does that mean that I am in love with Levi? But I didn't know what it meant so how could I be it?"

"It's an emotion; a powerful one. You don't have to know what it is to feel it. But you guys have been together for a while correct? I don't doubt you're in love with him"

"Hange, Levi told me that he loves me. Does that mean he has those romantic feelings you mentioned?"

"He what?! Oh hunny, he's down bad for you if he was willing to set aside his pride and confess that. Although he probably knew you didn't know what it meant so I guess that makes more sense."

That pain I was feeling earlier...that's love?

"Hange, please help me find Levi as soon as possible. I am worried about the condition he is in and I'd like to save him as fast as I can."

"Oh right, well there's that abandoned settlement. It's about half a day by horseback. I'm not worried whether or not you'll survive, it's just the plan I've thought up wouldn't allow you to bring a horse."

"That is fine. I have endured many forms of intense training. I will be able to make it on foot and not need food nor water. As long as I have a set of ODM gear I will be fine."

"Are you sure? This is a big risk (y/n), I'm going to probably get in trouble if they find out I'm a part of this scheme. Plus, Going outside the walls is illegal."

"I do not care, I wish to save Levi. He has been out there alone and I am desperate to reunite with him."

"Okay then, I'll tell you the plan I've conjured up. So, you will take this map and follow the path I have highlighted to the settlement Levi is believed to be. But in order to you will have to go to tonight. Since it is night you will be able to climb over the wall using your gear without being spotted. There are still garrison soldiers and MP's active at night so you will have to be careful. That will also allow you to make it to Levi's destination presumably by dawn. And since it's night, titans won't be active, giving you all the more chance of survival. With luck you'll be back tomorrow evening. Oh, and you should also bring a medical kit just in case Levi is injured."

"That is a good plan, but (y/n), are you sure you want to go alone?" Farlan asked. It had been a few days since I had spoken with the two. It's been hard since they thought Levi was dead. Even though they've changed their minds I don't want to risk losing them, I am capable of handling myself so that's what I'll do.

"Farlan, thank you for the concern. But I am going to have to decline your offer. It would be much faster and smarter if I were to go alone for many reasons. One, we are more likely to be spotted going over the wall with the three of us. Two, I have gone through training to allow my body to be able to run such distances and go without food or water. You guys haven't. Three, titans will be able to pick up our scents if we all go. Therefore, it is a more strategic plan if I go on my own."

"You're really gonna do it huh?" Isabel put her hand on my shoulder and I nodded. Her sad expression turned into her usual bright smile,

"Then go save Levi-bro! I cant wait until you get back, I miss him lots!"

"Yup! Go save your man (y/n), I'm rooting for you" Hange giggled, rolling up the map and tossing it to me.

"We wish you luck (y/n). Be safe, and come back alive."

"Don't worry, I will bring Levi back with me. It's a promise."