𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗- 𝐉𝐚𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐫.

I'm not sure if Eren had been born yet but he is in this ff

I'm not sure if Eren had been born yet but he is in this ff. It's just baby Eren though.
--------
Flashback:

"Hey brat, you're cutting the carrots wrong."

(Y/n) and Levi had been preparing dinner per usual. (Y/n) was getting the vegetables cut while Levi prepared everything else. She had been cutting them into uneven strips, the edges were rigged and the sizing was off.

"I am? Sorry, I will cut them properly."

(Y/n) began to cut the carrots again, concentrating on making straight, equal cuts but failing nonetheless.

"Tch, let me help you."

(Y/n) watched as Levi set down the bowl he held in his hands and walked over to her. He laid his hands on top of hers and gripped the knife.

"It's not hard, all you have to do is cut like this."

Levi guided her hands in order to perfectly cut the carrots. He chopped them into thin julienned slices.

"Perfect."

"Thank you, Levi."

Flashback Over.
Your POV:

Grisha Jaeger guided us to his home. It was a cottage sitting up top a hill. The street was lined with homes that looked nearly identical.

"My wife is home, as well as our son. I'm sure Carla can make some tea and then we can discuss whatever it is you need."

Grisha unlocked the door to his house and held it open for me and Luculia to step in. I walked in and she followed. The home was nice and cozy, much better than anything I had in the underground.

"Hello..?" I saw a woman with black hair say. she was in the kitchen cooking and cutting up vegetables. Must be his wife.

"Oh Carla dear, they're just here to talk. Although I'm not exactly sure about what. What brings you to my home?"

"I would like to know about outside the walls."

Grisha gulped, quickly glancing over at Carla then back at me.

"How would I know about what's out there? I am not a Scout I am a doctor."

"It's a gut feeling. I would just like to know if there is any possible old settlements or anything along those lines beyond Wall Maria."

"Like I said miss, I am a doctor."

"Like I said, it's a gut feeling."

That gulp and darting eyes. He was hiding something and I need him to tell me.

"Doctor Grisha, I'm aware that you aren't telling the full truth so please do tell. I would just like to know of any possible shelter outside the walls, nothing more."

A baby began to cry from another room.

"Oh, it's Eren. I'll be right back he must be hungry" Carla excused herself with a wave, disappearing down the hall.

I stood behind Grisha hoping he'd just answer my question. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe he doesn't know. But I have a strong feeling he knows more than he's letting on.

"What are you planning to do with the information? Saying I do know and I tell you, will you try and live a life outside the walls? That is a crime you know."

I slowly pulled a dagger from the garter on my thigh, Luculia watched me. Within a blink of an eye I had it pressed against Grishas neck.

"You have twenty seconds to tell."

"20..."

"19..."

"18..."

"17..."

"Okay! Okay! There is a single settlement outside of Wall Maria. It's northeast, about 5 hours out. That's all I'm staying. Now leave."

I removed the dagger and placed it back in my thigh holder. Luculia was frightened by the sudden threat but if Levi was still out there I wasn't going to let a mere doctor get in my way of finding him. I don't care that he's broken the rules and been outside the walls. None of it matters.

"That's what we intend to do. Luculia let's go."

"R-right! Thank you for your time Doctor Jaeger, say goodbye to Carla for us."

Me and Luculia left, it was a success. Now all we need to do is find someone to allow us outside of the walls and create a plan.

This part of town in Shiganshina wasnt busy at this time of day. It was quiet for the most part until...

"Miss, hello?"

I turned around to see the couple I had seen earlier in the square. The ones who were crying and pointing, did they need something?

"Is there something I can help you with?"

"You're so big now, we never would've expected you to make it out of the underground! I feel guilty everyday for leaving you behind at such a young age, I'm a horrible mother please forgive me."

The woman gripped my forearms and put her head against my chest as she cried. She was probably in her forties with (h/c) hair and (s/t) skin.

"Mother? I don't recall having one. You must have the wrong girl. Sorry"

"You don't have one because I abandoned you! I am forever in your debt, please come to our home. It would be amazing to treat you to dinner."

"Of course we'd love to!" Luculia answered after seeing how my expression or tone hadn't changed. Probably to avoid awkwardness.

"Great! We can catch up there, please follow us."