𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖- 𝐈 𝐖𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐔𝐩.

short chapter my apologies ---------Flashback

---------
Flashback

(Y/n) and Levi sat on the sofa of their home in the underground. Farlan was in the shower so it was just the two of them.

Levi was watching her from the corner of his eye, she was fiddling with the ends of her shirt.

"You're going to rip the hemming" Levi told her. She stopped and showed him the already loose strands. The stitching of her shirt was falling apart.

"Do you want to get a new one?"

"You gave this to me, I am fine with it still"

"Tch. Go change into one of my shirts and give me that one, I'll stitch it for you."

"Thank you Levi."

Third Person POV:

(Y/n) and Luculia sat in (y/n)'s barrack. It was past midnight and Isabel was asleep in Farlan's room. It was the perfect time for them to plan their rescue mission.

"Well on Sundays we are allowed days off, as you know. So on Sunday we can go into town and gather information and try to find a garrison soldier that will help." Luculia explained.

"First we need to find someone who knows more about what's outside the walls." (Y/n) responded and Luculia agreed. If Levi was still alive then he wouldn't be just out in the open. Also, (y/n) had only been outside the walls once. She wasn't sure how big the outside world was which is why she wanted to find someone who did.

"Then we'll start Sunday, but how are we going to find someone who knows?"

"A Garrison soldier would know wouldn't they? Or another Scout. Luculia do you know?"

"No, sorry. I just joined with this years recruits. I've only been on a handful of expeditions."

"In two days we will go to looking for someone."

Time Skip.

It was Sunday morning. (Y/n) had trouble sleeping again. Especially last night she had been anxious for the next day.

She was already ready to go. She had on the shirt Levi had restitched for her a few years ago. She was wearing black jeans underneath with her Scout Regiment jacket for the sake of authority. If she looked like a normal civilian then people would ignore her, the jacket gave her some status.

(Y/n) walked down to the mess hall. The other soldiers followed her with their eyes. She hadn't done anything to them. They talked shit because they feared her. But she was never one to acknowledge negative opinions on her. She didn't care at all.

"Oh hey! Ya ready?"

"Yes."

"We should probably take horses, it's kind of a long walk to Inner-Shiganshina." Lulucia and (y/n) went to the stables, picking up a horse saddle on the way.

Isabel and Farlan were watching from a distance. They felt bad for not helping their friend, they felt even worse because (y/n) still believed he was alive. But they knew there was nothing they could do or say to stop her.

Isabel and Farlan wanted to believe it as well but in their minds the possibility he lived was outweighed by the chances of survival.

Time Skip.
Your POV:

We got to Inner-Shiganshina District. The streets were lively and loud. Lots of drunk people and families. Shops were set up and merchants were selling. The markets here were a lot nicer than the ones underground. Well, Everything here was better than the underground.

I looked around, searching in the energetic crowd for someone who could possibly help. My eyes skimmed over a couple who were looking at me with tears in their eyes but I shook it off and continued looking.

When my eyes landed on a man with glasses and grayish hair a feeling came in my chest, like my mind was telling me to talk to him.

"Luculia. There. That man."

"Where? Which one?"

I pointed to the man in the crowd, he was at a merchant stand he seemed to be examining bottles of medicine.

"I think that's Doctor Jaeger, he's famous in the walls. He single handedly spared humanity from the plague."

"We need to talk to him." I walked through the crowd, pushing aside people. Luculia followed behind quickly apologizing to the people I pushed.

"Doctor Jaeger."

He turned around, looking down at me with a confused look.

"Is there something I can help you with?"

"Yes. I need to talk to you urgently."

"We can go to my home and discuss if you'd like. Is it medical?"

"No but it is very urgent. Luculia are you coming?"

"Of course!"