*31*

weeks had passed sense mattheo's plead for forgiveness. well if that's what you want to call it. Personally i call it him being a bitch.

Anyways- time had surprisingly been going quickly, the third task was less than a month away. everyone was on edge.

i found myself often in draco and enzo's room, hanging out with them for whatever reason. a lot of my time was spend with ced, he always makes me feel okay.

One particular day, also in words, today; i walk into enzo's dorm. I notic his calendar and see how soon the task really was, and by that i mean the task is in two days, not almost a month away.

A WEEK EARLIER
CEDRIC POV
The third and final task, around a week away. Yeah, y/n and i spend a lot of time together but i can't get the thought of her feelings about me. She says she loved me, and i know for sure that i'm in love with her.

I think about this a lot if i'm being completely honest. the it all clicks together.

THE MORNING OF THE THIRD TASK
CEDRIC POV

i see him, mattheo riddle. one of y/n's first love. her first choice. no, i'm not mad, i just want to see her happy and in love; i finally figured out that the person who's supposed to make her fell that way, isn't me; it's him

I spot him at his regular table but more separated from others. it's still  decently early, so not many people are exactly ready for breakfast yet.

I approach the now confuse looking mattheo.
Quickly, before he can interrupt me i begin
"You love her, correct"

"i'm sorry cedric , but i really do" he spoke quietly.

my heart broke into pieces, without facing theo i turned and walk a few steps.
"Good, she's waiting for you, and has been for awhile" i spoke a bit louder. i'm not sure why it hurt so much to tell him this, i knew it was coming for a decent time now, now it is time to find y/n.

Soon enough i found her in the library, she looked so calm and at peace while she sat there. Now wasn't exactly the time for me to get all in love, it was the exact opposite to be exact.

i walked a bit closer to her and cleared my throat, gaining her attention.

"oh hey ced" she said perking up

"hi love, we need to talk" i whispered holding a sad smile on my lips

she patted the seat next to her, meaning for me to sit next to her.

I took the seat and began
"y/n, i know you still love him, but god to think you would ever look at me the way you looked at him." the words flowed out of my mouth, no one ever knows what will truly come out until you're in the moment.
"this is it y/n" i said as tears filled in the bridge of my eyes

" i guess it is ced" she said slowly as she processed the situation at a whole. 

i broke our eye contact and made my way out of the library and to the field at the starting point of the maze.
"I love you ced" she whisper before i was completely out of earshot

Y/N POV
AFTER TALK WITN CEDRIC
did that really just happen i ask myself, yes of course it did. i might as well make it down the the field as well. expect the fact i have to wait at least four minutes so it doesn't make me look like a complete stalker. plus mattheo can wait.

An hour or so before the task, the field normally used for quidditch, is filled with hedges of tall think brush. I see the champions line up at the start of the maze talking with a few of the professorship. i have the urge to run to cedric and apologize for doing everything wrong.
Before i can to that i rember enzo, i need to talk to him, plus i still have an hour. what damage could be done.

I leave the field and descend down to the dungeons. I barge into enzo's dorm, who is peacefully reading.

"girl talk now" i ramble out before thumbing down at the end of the bed.

"okay, what's up?" he questions

"so. cedric and i. well we broke up. he knew i was still in love before i knew it"

"do you really love him, mattheo" enzo says, his expression turning rock hard

" I know i shouldn't but i do, i really do" i say with my voice cracking

"then don't let him become cold like your dad y/n" his lips held a soft smile as he gently pushed my towards the door. "go" he whispered

I was finally doing it, talking to mattheo without being pissed at him, this should be a change. But first the final task is waiting outside.

HARRY POV
cedric and i enter first, and decide to finishing first; together. only we haven't won, we're brought to a.. uh... cemetery?

And there he was voldemort, his cold tone, loud and clear echoed though the area.

"kill the extra" voldemort's voice rang out.

Everything else became a blur until cedric appears, along with my parents. Cedric spoke calmly and steadily "bring my body back" he began.
"oh and harry tell y/n i love her too, i heard her but i couldn't face the fact that i was letting her go" he finished his sentence with a small smile before fading away.

The next thing i remember is being back on the quidditch field holding cedrics body and the triwizards cup in the other.

Y/N POV
HARRY JUST RETURNED
From where i was sitting in the stand all i could see was harry, and cedric? everything happens so quickly. i realize harry is crying, hunched over a dead boy. a boy who alway knew the best ways to make someone turn a horrible day into a good day. but now his eyes no longer being the ones that always brought light, but dull and dark. Cedric Diggory is dead. And that was all i needed to break me all over again.

HALF AN HOUR LATER
i sit in my dorm, in the dark, still trying to comprehend what the hell happened in those three short hours. I remember harry being pulled away by professor moody for whatever reason, and well cedric being dead, but that's about it.

Harry ran up to me into my dorm, i'm not sure how he got in here, but he did. he looked at me with a shocked and scared expression but before i could ask him anything he pulled me into an embrace.
"he said that he loved you too, but didn't want to believe he was letting you go, he told me" he said crying into my chest
I sat there in denial as tears fought to breakthrough the bridges of my eyes.

yeah, mattheo riddle can wait.

A/N i darlings. this shit hurt me hurt me a bit but i'm okay! anyways thank you all for reading this far so far. lmao i'm kinda surprised. but thank you all for being supportive as well not to mention it but we hit 40k like thank you sm! ily