Chapter 2: Time will tell

Editing Credit goes to my love by AetherofAthens <3 <3

His lips twitched in a teasing smile as he stared at her while leaning against the door frame. It's natural, they say, for anyone who falls head over heels to love everything about their lover. Ruqia Ahmad did not seem to notice her admirer as she combed her wet hair, flipping it aside and letting the drops wet her t-shirt from the back. More precisely, his T-shirt. Applying his favourite shade of red lipstick on her lips, she finally caught the burning look through the mirror. 

Startling, she exclaimed, "You scared me!" and shook her head in disbelief. Shehraz chuckled, unfolded his arms and walked towards her as she turned to face him. His finger tapped her lower lip and brought his face closer to whisper, "Now if you keep doing this we won't be leaving anytime
soon."

Ruqia's doe eyes widened as she understood the implied meaning. Hitting him on the shoulder, her ears coated red, she pouted, "Stop it.", her voice muffled as she wrapped her arms around his torso, placing her head on his chest.

"You are going to be the mother of our child and still you blush. How cute." He teased, pecking her cheek. Ruqia, flustered, looked away, her gaze landing on the unpacked clothes.

"I am so tired." she expressed. Ruqia is one month away from giving birth to their bundle of joy. Shehraz grinned at the memory of this announcement. The shine in his eyes was like the way stars shone in the night.

"Just one more month, love, and it will be over," Shehraz said, careful with his sentences. Ruqia is an emotional wreck during her pregnancy. It was one of the reasons he left London and will move from Lahore to Islamabad so his mother can also be with her.

"So much packing, help me," Ruqia whined and leaned to kiss his jawline. He felt his stomach flip at the stunt.

"No, I will do it, you just go rest." he grabbed her shoulder and turned her around slowly, so as not to make her dizzy, and directed her towards the bed.

"But Shery, there is so much work you can't do it alone, Jaan." she protested but he placed his finger on her lips with a glare, not leaving any room for argument. Ruqia tucked her hair behind her ear, leaned back and sighed.

"Okay then, I will fold the clothes, you pack them." she suggested. Shehraz considered how much energy and movement this would take, making Ruqia roll her eyes and smack her forehead.
This was just another day for the couple.

Shehraz met Ruqia in their last year of university. Him, being the only son who was willing to take the pressure of helping out with his dad's business and supporting the family, the last thing in the 23-year-old Shehraz's mind was marriage.