Chapter 7: Joy & Sadness

• F L A S H B L A C K •

"But why papa(Dad)?" Omar questioned closing his textbook before removing his round glasses which dribbled down on the couch.

"Omar, she is the daughter of my colleague, her family relatives threw her in an orphanage. I don't want that," Haroon whispered, occasionally glancing at the entrance to see if someone came.

"Okay papa as you wish," Omar picks his glasses, his head crammed with questions waiting to be answered. Haroon placed his cap on the table running his hand through his jet black hair.

Working in the police force also endangered Haroon's life that none of them was aware of. His beady eyes softened at Omar's but those were how he was with his family.

"Papa look at Hamzah!" Shouted Omar's twin, her Jhumkay bounced with force as her bangles clashed with each other creating a sound in the silent living room.

Omar looked up and shook his head at his twin and Hamzah who stood behind her with a thumb on his lips shoving her dupatta on her head causing a sheer scream to erupt making Omar close his ears.

"Ya Allah Omera Keep it down!" Shouted Omar while tears of frustration pooled in her eyes making him regret his words.

"Hamzah aya mai(I am coming)," Haroon Farooq playfully got up kissing the head of his daughter before exiting to lecture his son.

"Okay okay, I am sorry He was just joking," Omar went, getting smacked by her as he dramatically put his hand on his heart pretending to be hurt.

"Take me to eat ice-cream Bhai(elder brother), otherwise apology not accepted," She angrily huffed, wiping her tears. Sibling bickering is not what made her break down all of a sudden. Omar sensed there was another reason and nodded his head gently squeezing her shoulder.

Love is heartbreaking.

• END OF FLASHBACK •